Am i normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Ed.CJ said:
Yes. I do agree that most of the photographers here are males. So... Opposite sex attracts or is it they feel inferior to the male models that they don't even want to give it a shot? ;)
First, let me assure Ed.CJ (Edward Ng C J from Queen Astrid Park - where the rich and famous people live?) that there is no way I feel inferior to male models or any other male from any professions.
However, from his thread I have come to realise that I DO NOT LIKE to be in any "intimate" situation with any male - am I normal?
No way I will hold a guy's hand or any body parts nor let any guy (with exception, like my GP, Malay barber, etc) touches me. Will never look into a guy's eyes or even his body, will definately never want look thru a cam viewer and zoom into a guy ..... :think:
I have no problem with any other subjects (esp with babes with beautiful eyes or body).

Am I normal? (Mr Ed.CJ makes me feel like I have a problem).....:think:
Guys, please give me your view ....

You are certainly 'normal' in the sense that you are like many others. That doesn't mean that there isn't an underlying problem. I would (with a leymans view) suggest that you have mild homophibia. I have plenty of experience with this as my wife and I had many gay friends in Sydney and we saw this on many occassions in many situations.

Nothing wrong with knowing what your sexual orientation is, but being (or at least sounding) so seriously adverse to any other male intamacy may not necessarily be that good. Having said that remember that not all intamcy is physical. Do you have a friend or a couple friends woth whom you are very open and candid about your thoughts and feelings - this is also intamcy.

Personally I have no problem with male intamcy. My male friends and I for example often hug and kiss on the cheek (with the closest friends), especially in greeting and farewell, etc. I think it is in part both a cultural thing and also a generational thing. For example, being of eastern european heritage, males in my family, like my dad and uncle will kiss on the lips on greeting, whereas my younger cousins are more of a high five and and a hug.

At the end of the day, do what you are comfortable with and don't worry about it.

You are perfectly normal.

I have some doubt in Mr Ed.CJ's sexual orientation though... :bsmilie:

Canonised said:
First, let me assure Ed.CJ (Edward Ng C J from Queen Astrid Park - where the rich and famous people live?) that there is no way I feel inferior to male models or any other male from any professions.
However, from his thread I have come to realise that I DO NOT LIKE to be in any "intimate" situation with any male - am I normal?
No way I will hold a guy's hand or any body parts nor let any guy (with exception, like my GP, Malay barber, etc) touches me. Will never look into a guy's eyes or even his body, will definately never want look thru a cam viewer and zoom into a guy ..... :think:
I have no problem with any other subjects (esp with babes with beautiful eyes or body).

cyber_m0nkey is right, different cultures, different norms.

Let's move out of Asia first. When you look at different cultures/societies, Noeth American vs Europe, France vs Germany, Italy vs England, Spain vs Finland ... the list goes on, their reaction to male intimacy or simply touching on a platonic levels differ greatly. Frst of all, let's set the common grounds, we are talking heterosexual males ok.

North American males are probably the most uptight and uncomfortable of the group, Fins and Germans will probably fight for the 2nd why on the other hand, the Italians ans the Spaniards are probably the most open relaxed. Are they normal, yes they all are.

Sion said:
Some men are more beautiful than women.

Maybe you haven't met one yet? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

haha .... during those fashion week, i will shoot, but when it is the turn of male models, i was like pretending to check batteries, change cf cards, etc.... i just feel "funny" if i continue to shoot those half-naked guys, etc.... maybe i am doomed to failure as a good photograher, accordingly to ED.CJ's defination.:cry:
wonder how many ppl are like that?

Canonised said:

Bro, wonder have you shoot male models before .... :think:

Trust me .. it is not easy to shoot as compare to shooting female models which I finds .. :sweatsm:

Sion said:

I would have to agreed with you on these .. if you finds 1 then damn bl**dy easy to shoot man ..... :bsmilie:

KNIGHT ONG said:
Bro, wonder have you shoot male models before .... :think:

Trust me .. it is not easy to shoot as compare to shooting female models which I finds .. :sweatsm:
Never want to, even if i am paid ...:bsmilie:
but i wouldnt mind to try if my first male artistic model is KO ....:sweat:

Canonised said:
Never want to, even if i am paid ...:bsmilie:
but i wouldnt mind to try if my first male artistic model is KO ....:sweat:

:kok: :hammer: .... :sticktong

It's all in the mind my friend. Don't let what ED.CJ's said bother you. There are better things in life to worry about. I too have no interest to shoot male models unless he has something extraordinary to show:bigeyes: which I doubt.:bsmilie:

Canonised said:

Come to me and you will find out...........

Hong Sien

Canonised said:

If u wanna find out u are normal thru this thread and expecting an answer vastly different from that of expected answers. Let me fulfill it.... :devil:

No. You are abnormal.

I do hope the above answer satisfies you (which is unique enuff and runs contrary to the normal answer of "you are normal"). In case if u're not looking for answers like this, den I will join in the crowd and say, "You are normal" :D

Sion said:

that is... until they speaks. :sweat: :sweat:

not trying to be funny tho... but some are REALLY beautiful.

jsbn said:
No. You are abnormal.
I felt very strange when I read ED.CJ's thread ..... to me, at least, i thought, it is quite "normal" for guys to like babes and dislike shooting males ... and it never occur to me that I really DO NOT like to see or shoot half-naked guys ... so i thought maybe i am abnormal coz maybe ANY guy will be interested to shoot naked guys as well as babes....:think: Because I believe that even for those guys who do not mind shooting naked guys, they do not neccessary have any gay tendency. As such i am wondering WHY other guys who do not like to shoot naked guys .... what are their reasons? Because of lack of opportunity? Because like someone said, it wouldn't look nice on him if his pc have hundred of naked guys images..... or what other reasons?:think:

Canonised said:
I felt very strange when I read ED.CJ's thread ..... to me, at least, i thought, it is quite "normal" for guys to like babes and dislike shooting males ... and it never occur to me that I really DO NOT like to see or shoot half-naked guys ... so i thought maybe i am abnormal coz maybe ANY guy will be interested to shoot naked guys as well as babes....:think: Because I believe that even for those guys who do not mind shooting naked guys, they do not neccessary have any gay tendency. As such i am wondering WHY other guys who do not like to shoot naked guys .... what are their reasons? Because of lack of opportunity? Because like someone said, it wouldn't look nice on him if his pc have hundred of naked guys images..... or what other reasons?:think:

I'm a firm believer that if you want to shoot a nude subject there should be a strong reason behind it, rather than just because you feel more "shiok" shooting a nude female subject. One of the main reasons for using a nude subject is to explore the human form. In general, if you consider the form of both sexes, the female form is more exquisite because of the curves associated with the female form. Furthermore, the female form does not have any annoying flaps of flesh hanging between their legs which i feel tends to spoil images. Hence , if I were to shoot men, I would prefer to shoot just the upper body and perhaps the bum. I rarely find images(if ever, I can't remember any instance) that include the penis artistic. This is the main reason why so many people(even women) prefer to shoot the female form.

The female form is also generally associated with beauty due to it's svelte nature, whereas the male form is more often associated with muscularity, power and aggressiveness. It thus very much depends on what you want to achieve with your image, but generally, most people would want to go for a svelte subject rather than a buff one. It's a creative decision really.

And about the hundreds of nude male images on the computer thing, would it be any different if you had hundreds of nude female images on your computer:p ? You'd probably look like a perv.

Canonised said:

Bro,

You normal lar. Very normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.