• XENNEC Camera Bags GIVE AWAY - SHARE & TAG your Friend to WIN one XENNEC Stylish bags. Visit this thread thread for more information.

Am I Cute?


Status
Not open for further replies.

scud

Senior Member
Jul 28, 2003
1,808
0
0
Singapore
www.fotolightbox.com
#1
Trying to achieve the 'old photo' look/feeling.
What is lacking (apart from the border)?
Thanks for the comments.

Orig uncropped can be found here.

 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#2
not bad..now you just need to fray the edges of the photo to make it look more authentic :bsmilie:
 

DarkForce

Senior Member
May 1, 2004
1,971
0
0
newbie land
#3
I would prefer those old old feel type of border and old old feel type feel of texts.

Sorry for my poor English . Hope you get what I was trying to mean :sweat:
 

DarkForce

Senior Member
May 1, 2004
1,971
0
0
newbie land
#5
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
those with curvy curvy borders?
Oh. Sorry Scud, did not notcie that you already mention

-What is lacking (apart from the border)?

Hi Del_CtrlnoAlt,

Also can loh. Anythng can do as long it make it look old. Just my personal view only lah. :embrass:
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#6
DarkForce said:
Oh. Sorry Scud, did not notcie that you already mention

-What is lacking (apart from the border)?

Hi Del_CtrlnoAlt,

Also can loh. Anythng can do as long it make it look old. Just my personal view only lah. :embrass:
heh...i also miss that border part :embrass: sorry scud
 

DarkForce

Senior Member
May 1, 2004
1,971
0
0
newbie land
#7
madmacs said:
heh...i also miss that border part :embrass: sorry scud
Scud, please don't blame us hor. We all old man liao. :bsmilie:

OK lah better not OT too much here as this is the Critque Corner :sweat:

Bye
 

DarkForce

Senior Member
May 1, 2004
1,971
0
0
newbie land
#10
Like that can ?

I am still learning so please don't shoot me too super harsh :sweat:

 

soma

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
1,609
0
0
Local
#11
DarkForce said:
Like that can ?

I am still learning so please don't shoot me too super harsh :sweat:


so much better....how you do it!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

DarkForce

Senior Member
May 1, 2004
1,971
0
0
newbie land
#15
Errr.....

I say out but you guys don't laugh hor.

Just scan an old photo in and paste Scud's photo onto the front loh :embrass:

Told you already I'm still learning :sweat:
 

~Arcanic~

Senior Member
Feb 27, 2005
2,671
0
0
Westy
#17
DarkForce said:
Errr.....

I say out but you guys don't laugh hor.

Just scan an old photo in and paste Scud's photo onto the front loh :embrass:

Told you already I'm still learning :sweat:
:bsmilie: good idea sia! lolx, how come i nvr think of that... most straightforward way is the best~
 

richliow

New Member
Jul 9, 2005
612
0
0
#19
scud said:
Trying to achieve the 'old photo' look/feeling.
What is lacking (apart from the border)?
Thanks for the comments.

Orig uncropped can be found here.

i am not coming from an angle of technique...
but rather...coming from an angle of TIME,,,

I think while the effect can be tuned to an old photo effect......
our brains still will register that shot as recent.
because our brains can recognise objects either contemporary or passe.
the stroller imho is the show stopper...

it brings 1990 to 2006 into the pic
when you are trying to achieve 1965 to 1975 with your pic :think:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom