Always using lowest ISO?

mjzsakae

Feb 26, 2009
hi guys.. i am new to photography and i always have this mentailty of using lowest ISO possible when taking pics indoor or outdoor.. shld this be the case?

i noticed that in some reviews the photographer actually use a higher ISO in broad day light even though they can use a lower one? it is not like that are taking pic of a moving object.. why is this so?

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
In a review, they are testing for ISO noise. Plain and simple. My own "rule" is to use the lowest ISO needed for a shot.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
hi guys.. i am new to photography and i always have this mentailty of using lowest ISO possible when taking pics indoor or outdoor.. shld this be the case?

i noticed that in some reviews the photographer actually use a higher ISO in broad day light even though they can use a lower one? it is not like that are taking pic of a moving object.. why is this so?
different system, different ways of making it work.

depending on the post process, the noise introduced could easily be minimized by noise-cleaning softwares which gives them extra leeway over users who dont use such techniques.

Numnumball

Mar 6, 2009
Central
Yes.

rule of thumb is employ the lowest iso possible in broad daylight, unless they trying to o achieve a certain result by compensating for higher shutter or wider aperture..they will pump up the iso...

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
sometimes they grab shots of other things while they are looking to shoot some things.

for example, i will set my street iso at iso400/800..

and then sometimes i will be lazy to change it back to iso100..... after all, these days, IQ at iso400 is still pretty good!

Top Bottom