altis or vios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jac

Nov 10, 2003
Near Serangoon Gardens
anyone able to provide information/comments/feedback between the toyota altis and the toyota vios.. i'm fine with either 1.5 or 1.6, but confirm getting an auto car..

would like to weigh the pros and cons of both models, especially fuel consumption. the current nissan sunny 1.6 (A) EX is a fuel drinker!

thanks.

dunno about the rest, but the altis sucks gas like a fat wellness chick on slurpee.

Vios is 1 class below Altis. The price too. If one is getting either, of course depends on the budget. Fuel consumption of the 2 should be quite average in their class.

fuel consumption of the altis is not too bad... the vios should be slightly better.

Neither, I had a look at both and didn't like the build quality, especially the interior. You could tell the Thai workmanship is a grade below the Japanese assembled models like the Nissans and Suzukis.

You should consider the Nissan Sunny (I used to drive one, before changing to a Honda Stream to ferry the family around) or the Latio.

Do consider the following when shopping around:
a) The feel of the car when test-driving
b) Cost
c) Space
d) Fuel consumption
e) Maintenance cost & reliability

Believe there's a local Toyota forum somewhere (I don't have the URL -- can try to Google it).

Rgds,

MW

The Sunny is due for a model change next year so it may best to hold off till then. Either go for the new one then or see if you can pick up the older model for a good deal.

had a chance to evaluate both a few months back, when my gf's family was looking for a car. after considering cost, fuel efficiency and ride quality, they settled for a vios (remember to get the 'E' version, since the 'S' version has very useless upgrades) in the end.

personally, i wld have checked out the Porte, with automatic side sliding doors and an unusual design. unfortunately, at its price, the Swift may be a more value-for-money choice.

scanner said:
Hmm... what would be the prices be like....

Hi, i have got a friend who purchased the Altis at around 63k recently. And for Vios, if i am not wrong, it should be about 56k.

The Suzuki Liana hatchback is another alternative. Great build quality, really roomy interior, fold down backseats and a nice tall roof. Cheaper than the Altis. You're allowed to configure the car to an extent, dropping some useless options like the fog lamp and leather interior to bring the price of the car down.

how abt the jazz and colt? they seem to be nicer but smaller :)

I have the Altis and I love it. Has more room than the Vios. Fuel consumption is said to improve drastically after 10km.

U can surf http://www.sgaltis.com and u can see more discussion in the threads.

Vios and Altis are entirely different league altogether. The price diff between former and latter is +- 10k++.Cannot compare lidat lah.
Also , altis has a 1.8 version .

1)Budget - of course vios
2)comfort and bigger boot - altis.
3)both have equally good fuel consumption.
4)both are Toyota manufacture in the land of 'tom-yam'

jeff49er said:
I have the Altis and I love it. Has more room than the Vios. Fuel consumption is said to improve drastically after 10km.

U can surf http://www.sgaltis.com and u can see more discussion in the threads.

10km? or 10,000km?

Status
Not open for further replies.