altis or vios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A full tank altis (55L) can go about 600km...

So you're saying that the FC is 10.9km/L - a Km/L rating is the objective way of determining the FC of a car.

10.9km/L doesn't look that high to be raving about to me...

melkenn said:
A full tank altis (55L) can go about 600km...

both are quite shapeless and styleless ;p ;)

user111 said:
both are quite shapeless and styleless ;p ;)

good, then they will never be vandalised or stolen! ;)

i guess i can comment on this because my family has both the 1.6 altis (A) and 1.6 sunny(M).

all i can say is that the altis is leaps and bounds above the sunny. Interior is much better, ride is smoother, seats are more comfortable etc etc.

Only thing the sunny has got going is manual, and i really like driving manual.

comparing altis and vios, depends on ur budget definately, but my dad says the vios interior is really bad, but i dont know. Personally i dont like the center placement of the speedometer.

vince123123 said:
So you're saying that the FC is 10.9km/L - a Km/L rating is the objective way of determining the FC of a car.

10.9km/L doesn't look that high to be raving about to me...

My apologizes.....:sweat:
600km reading is when the Fuel sign lights up....there should be some fuel left in the tank.

When I pump 40L to reach full tank yesterday, the reading was 510km, so perhaps 510km/40L = 12.75km/litres should be more exact....

Sorry for the confusion....;p

FC depends heavily on the driving patterns/conditions. The best I know is a colleague's Altis hitting 17 km per litre while driving along the North-South highway in Malaysia. If you tend to be heavy on the accelerator, that's another factor. So it's very hard to compare FC unless you get a good sampling of folks e.g. in the car forums. The Vios' FC will definitely be better than the Altis', quite simply because it is a lighter car.

They are also aimed towards different segments of the market, so the question of which is better for you is best answered by test-driving both.

** Impt!! Check out the various forums to see the usual issues associated with each car, as well as what sort of freebies you can ask from the sales engineers here ** This applies to cars of other brands as well.

Hope it helps!

Actually I heard that Toyotas are prime targets for thieves in the country up north.

zaren said:
good, then they will never be vandalised or stolen! ;)

vince123123 said:
Actually I heard that Toyotas are prime targets for thieves in the country up north.

i thought they targeted the MPV's, SUV's and the Lexus rather than the lowly altis and vios?

The lower end cars are quite popular with the masses so there's always a demand for parts or for the cars. Car thieves generally target the high end and lower end models.

I noticed nobody mentioned the new Nissan Latio? My wife and I also considering Altis or Latio, but think we're going to go for the Latio. Reasons?

1. Latio is made in Japan. Now a lot of ppl are going to disagree with me, but lots of people have complained that the Thai-made Toyota's suffer from build quality and QC problems. The Latio, as far as I know have very good build quality, with few issues.

2. Latio is 1.5 vs the 1.6 of the Altis. This means lower road tax, and the FC is also better. From Toyota forums, the average fuel consumption (FC) for the Altis 1.6L is around 12-12.9km/L. Most Latio owners hit 14-16 km/L without any problems.

3. The Latio may not look like it, but the interior is VERY spacious. I was very surprised when I took it for a test drive. After adjusting the driver's seat to my usual driving position, which is quite far back, I went and sat in the back seat. To my surprise, I could still cross my leg without it touching the back of the front seat! :thumbsup:

4. Interior finishing of the Altis is ordinary -looks like any other Jap car. In contrast, the Latio's interior is very plush, more like you're sitting in a BMW or Merc. You have soft-touch panels and glove box doors with built-in dampers so they don't just pop up (or down), but instead slide open nicely, plasma cluster aircond and such. The car is quiet, with good sound insulation.

5. You get lots of other features that makes it value-for money such as keyless entry system, plasma cluster a/c that keeps the air charged and fresh, foot operated parking brake, 10-disc Kenwood CD changer and such.

6. The price is good, now at $62,000 for the basic sedan version, which is almost the same as the Altis.

People have commented that the car shape is a bit odd, but frankly, I'm going to be sitting inside driving and not outside looking in, so don't really care :bsmilie:

togu said:
Lancer GLX 1.6. :heart:
Agree. Get the Mit Lancer 1.6. Made in Japan, cheap and good. FC :thumbsup: . I hit 450 with between 3/4 and full tank (50L)! Control of the car, especially the turning, is just superb.

They have a promotion going on now. You want me to recommend you to get additional perks? They have a recommend-a-friend and if you confirm, both parties get some perks in return. I can recommend you this very nice agent from Mitsubishi. PM me if interested. :)

melkenn said:
My apologizes.....:sweat:
600km reading is when the Fuel sign lights up....there should be some fuel left in the tank.

When I pump 40L to reach full tank yesterday, the reading was 510km, so perhaps 510km/40L = 12.75km/litres should be more exact....

Sorry for the confusion....;p

For my Vios, for abt 510km (no hard acceleration, of course), I expect to pump in 35-36L. But there were days I have to admit I had to pump more.. I suspect that during those days of 'low' prices, the quality of the petrol doesn't seem to be so good either. :cry:

Klose said:
how abt the jazz and colt? they seem to be nicer but smaller :)

If one is looking at price as 1st piority, then these 2 are out. Nowsadays small car is quite expensive & not budget cars, they are sophiscated small cars with high level of equipment. E.g, Nissan March, Honda Jazz, Suzuki Swift, Citroen C3, VW Polo etc...

wrx_sti_22b said:
If one is looking at price as 1st piority, then these 2 are out. Nowsadays small car is quite expensive & not budget cars, they are sophiscated small cars with high level of equipment. E.g, Nissan March, Honda Jazz, Suzuki Swift, Citroen C3, VW Polo etc...
A practical small car can be getz / accent / aveo or even sirion.However give me a panda anyday:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.