Alternatives to Lowepro


Status
Not open for further replies.

greggy

New Member
Dec 30, 2005
23
0
0
#1
Hi,

Looking for backpack alternatives available in SG that are better than LowePro in terms of functionality and price. Tips about where to get and prices would be most appreciated. Tamrac perhaps? No name China brands are also OK if they are just as good or better than the well-known names.

I already have a Lowerpro Mini Trekker AW. Looking for something bigger that can also pack clothes, food, water bottle (in mesh pocket) for extended trips.

Another question: Are there any Lowepro backpacks that come with mesh pockets for water bottles as standard and not options that will cost more $$$?

Thanks!
 

kcuf2

Senior Member
Dec 29, 2005
1,777
1
0
KFC
#2
do u want crumpler? Did u consider that before? if u want big bags, they have one backpack that is big enough for u to stuff in a 600mm f/4, u can go and take a look in paragon. its the biggest bag u can find in the store (er..its the biggest when i went there 2 weeks ago)

and the bag definitely has ample space for u to put clothes and snacks too..
 

clicknick

New Member
Apr 13, 2005
1,398
0
0
Hougang
#3
Check Sports Connection for Urban Equip bags. Limited designs for cameras, but value for $.
 

greggy

New Member
Dec 30, 2005
23
0
0
#4
kcuf2 said:
do u want crumpler? Did u consider that before? if u want big bags, they have one backpack that is big enough for u to stuff in a 600mm f/4, u can go and take a look in paragon. its the biggest bag u can find in the store (er..its the biggest when i went there 2 weeks ago)

and the bag definitely has ample space for u to put clothes and snacks too..

I have impression that Crumplers are very nice but also more expensive than Lowepro. Is that true? Making a backpack is not rocket science and I think this is something China no name brands can do well and yet charge lower prices than the better know brands
 

slooow

New Member
Feb 12, 2006
1,000
0
0
#5
greggy said:
I have impression that Crumplers are very nice but also more expensive than Lowepro. Is that true? Making a backpack is not rocket science and I think this is something China no name brands can do well and yet charge lower prices than the better know brands
any good china brands to recommend then?
 

kcuf2

Senior Member
Dec 29, 2005
1,777
1
0
KFC
#6
greggy said:
I have impression that Crumplers are very nice but also more expensive than Lowepro. Is that true? Making a backpack is not rocket science and I think this is something China no name brands can do well and yet charge lower prices than the better know brands
mmm..price wise, i would rate both lowepro and crumpler as being expensive with the latter being a bit more ex.. However the thing i like about crumpler is that it adds colour to your life :D their array of bags with so many colours really can brighten one's day up, and thats y i would prefer crumpler to lowepro. Quality wise, both are pretty on par..

And best of all, crumpler bags attract girls to come over to u and ask to have a look at ur bag and then u can ............................:devil:
 

l-inc

New Member
Jul 13, 2006
39
0
0
#7
try mountain smith backpacks, they have a sale on now at camper corner in the building round the corner from peninsular plaza ( i forget what its called)

they have a range of camera backpacks, good hardy stuff, on sale now
 

kcuf2

Senior Member
Dec 29, 2005
1,777
1
0
KFC
#8
slooow said:
any good china brands to recommend then?
u can try safrotto, u can find it in TCW. it is like the copycat of lowepro bags, design dam similar...
something like the similarness of benro and gitzo.. u get wat i mean?
 

greggy

New Member
Dec 30, 2005
23
0
0
#9
kcuf2 said:
mmm..price wise, i would rate both lowepro and crumpler as being expensive with the latter being a bit more ex.. However the thing i like about crumpler is that it adds colour to your life :D their array of bags with so many colours really can brighten one's day up, and thats y i would prefer crumpler to lowepro. Quality wise, both are pretty on par..

And best of all, crumpler bags attract girls to come over to u and ask to have a look at ur bag and then u can ............................:devil:
Crumplers are chick magnets! Now that what I call a feature! I hope they are also not thief magnets. One thing about Lowepro is that it announces to the world that there's a nice camera inside. (I recently had my video cam stolen so I am a bit wary these days)
 

greggy

New Member
Dec 30, 2005
23
0
0
#10
l-inc said:
try mountain smith backpacks, they have a sale on now at camper corner in the building round the corner from peninsular plaza ( i forget what its called)

they have a range of camera backpacks, good hardy stuff, on sale now
Thanks for the input. Will look it up when I'm in the neighbourhood
 

greggy

New Member
Dec 30, 2005
23
0
0
#11
kcuf2 said:
u can try safrotto, u can find it in TCW. it is like the copycat of lowepro bags, design dam similar...
something like the similarness of benro and gitzo.. u get wat i mean?
Yes, I get what u mean. That's what I am thinking about: the Benro equivalent of backpacks. I'm not looking for a name, I'm looking for functionality and quality at a good price. Value for money, that is.
 

GmbH.

New Member
Jul 6, 2006
390
0
0
#12
Tamrac is not too bad.
For me i will go with Tenba.
 

davsmiths

Senior Member
Nov 9, 2004
2,340
0
0
AMK
#13
Tokino Lamborghini at BIG (HabourFront)

Sturdy, well-built. Good material and weather proof too. Price is slightly cheaper than Lowepro.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom