Alternative to the EF 100-300 f/4.5-5.6 USM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjk

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm sourcing around for a tele zoom up to 300mm. Canon listed the a/m lenses at $700 so I reckon it should be around $500++ - $600 street, haven't really checked. So I would like to solicit comments for alternative lenses by Sigma, Tokina or Tamron in the same range. Preferably also with the same rough price point and where can I get them.

I'm just a newbie starting out so just a 'consumer' grade lense is alright with me. Actually quite daunted by the listed price of the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM by Canon Singapore.

Many thanks.

Regards,
JK

Originally posted by tanjk
Hello everyone, I'm sourcing around for a tele zoom up to 300mm. Canon listed the a/m lenses at $700 so I reckon it should be around $500++ - $600 street, haven't really checked. So I would like to solicit comments for alternative lenses by Sigma, Tokina or Tamron in the same range. Preferably also with the same rough price point and where can I get them.

I'm just a newbie starting out so just a 'consumer' grade lense is alright with me. Actually quite daunted by the listed price of the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM by Canon Singapore.

Many thanks.

Regards,
JK

Have you considered getting used lenses? There are good bargains around...just visit places like Peninsular Plaza, Peninsular Shopping Centre and Adelphi! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.