Alternative to Sandisk Extreme ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcuf2

Dec 29, 2005
KFC
i went to look at their website at the warranty section. it seems that their defective product return procedure pretty troublesome..quite formal. need to email them to get a RMA number, then after that wait for their reply and confirmation, then u got to send in ur product in 30 days, then after that wait another 14days for the product to be return to u.

For kingston one, i just go to their office and they exchange on the spot...

i would rather go for a kingston anytime..

wrx_sti_22b

Apr 14, 2005
Compassvale Lane
The write speed is slow lah. Now at the M.O thread, the Ridata 150X CF seems better.

sunkist

Jul 7, 2002
write speed around 100X still slow???

anglim

Aug 20, 2006
I am not very certain if Sandisk Extreme III can make the difference in many cameras. Often it might be the camrea read/write speed that is the limiting factor now. Anyone has really achieved faster speed switching from Ultra II to Extreme III?

Not sure if some of those 150x eg A-data Turbo, Ridata 150X are no less slower than Extreme III assuming there is a camera benefiting at their speed.

Big Kahuna

Dec 15, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Check the specs, some more expensive model can withstand more extreme temperature if you are going to shoot below freezing...so the extra cost is inevitable :sweat:

BangBang1111

Deregistered
Aug 19, 2006
Huh? 4GB Extreme III at $140???:cry: :cry:
Bought mine at COMEX at $240:angry:

And furthermore, I regretted it too, I don't think any camera, especially mine, writes at that speed anyway.

Nov 14, 2004
BangBang1111 said:
Huh? 4GB Extreme III at $140???:cry: :cry:
Bought mine at COMEX at $240:angry:

And furthermore, I regretted it too, I don't think any camera, especially mine, writes at that speed anyway.
No camera can ever write close to full speed. You're using a 5D right ? High end cam! Sandisk is a good match for it. No regrets :)

Such cards will only stretch its legs with a good USB/FW reader

maestrolik

Jun 5, 2005
Ramius said:
No camera can ever write close to full speed. You're using a 5D right ? High end cam! Sandisk is a good match for it. No regrets :)

Such cards will only stretch its legs with a good USB/FW reader
Buy transcend 8GB, lelong price at comex. Now watching a movie from the card....hehehe....:lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom