Alternative to getting the Kindle Paper White

de_stan

Apr 21, 2004
Amazon don't allow shipping to Singapore.
How else can I get it?

Have you heard anything like vPOST, borderlink.. etc ?
Worst case buy in SLS lol

How else can I get it?

Use the shipping companies like vpost. Or do a Google search and buy from local blogshops, qoo10, etc etc

please don't use vpost.

comgateway is way better.

Or unabashedly piggyback upon friends who are going states, uk etc. With tax rebates, you could end up paying less than the amazon price, at least for my paperwhite which I bought from London recently.

I absolutely love reading, and I absolutely love my paperwhite.

Ryan

How else can I get it?

I used borderlinx. Some have bought and shipped (not directly) from amazon jp, with cheaper price than amazon US.

I used borderlinx. Some have bought and shipped (not directly) from amazon jp, with cheaper price than amazon US.

For some reason I'm not very good at using vPost JP to buy from Amazon JP... What other service providers do you use to buy from Amazon JP?

On a more related note, the Kindle Paperwhite is amazing but pricey much.

Isn't there a store at Funan that sells kindle? Is that store still around?

For some reason I'm not very good at using vPost JP to buy from Amazon JP... What other service providers do you use to buy from Amazon JP?

Not me, I shipped from amazon US using borderlinx before I knew that it's cheaper to get from amazon jp :p
From the forum that I followed, they said to use tenso for amazon jp.

For what it does, I think it's amazing value. My Kindle keyboard still works and it's been through travel, and the daily commute to work, stuffed into the bag, etc; all unadorned with any protective casing. The Paperwhite seems oddly small in my hands now, still less keen on the touchscreen and miss the forward/back side buttons

The kindle paper white is great, especially the built-in backlight.

There are 2 issues ordering the kindle.
1. Amazon won't ship to SGP.
2. Amazon won't accept yr SGP credit card for this item.

For the shipping bit, use something like vpost or someone to bring it back.

For the payment, create an amazon account using a US address. any US address will do. Fund it using amazon gift cards that you can purchase using yr SGP credit card. Use this account to make payment for the kindle and kindle books.

If you have someone to bring it back, it is available in stores like Best Buy.

The kindle paper white is great, especially the built-in backlight.

There are 2 issues ordering the kindle.
1. Amazon won't ship to SGP.
2. Amazon won't accept yr SGP credit card for this item.

For the shipping bit, use something like vpost or someone to bring it back.

For the payment, create an amazon account using a US address. any US address will do. Fund it using amazon gift cards that you can purchase using yr SGP credit card. Use this account to make payment for the kindle and kindle books.

If you have someone to bring it back, it is available in stores like Best Buy.

That's weird, I paid my Kindle Paperwhite using Citibank SG card.

Funny, I paid using my Citibank SG CC, but I shipped to a local US address (borderlinx) without any issue...

But for the books, yes I buy the amazon card and create a new id with US address.

That's weird, I paid my Kindle Paperwhite using Citibank SG card.

Yes, I've heard those cards are acceptable, I didn't state cos I do not know it as a fact.

3 other cards I've tried were rejected.

Or. If you have vpn services that connects to US or UK servers, you can easily make purchases.

I realized that after making the first successful purchase, I can subsequently buy new Kindle titles on sg and malaysia network.

Ryan

Or. If you have vpn services that connects to US or UK servers, you can easily make purchases.

I realized that after making the first successful purchase, I can subsequently buy new Kindle titles on sg and malaysia network.

Ryan

My friend had a good run too, two years ... then Amazon caught on and gave him an email and barred his account
Heng sway?
I've continued to do the applied gift card method