Alternative to canon wireless controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitrex

Aug 27, 2004
Hi, is there any cheaper alternative to Canon wireless remote controller WL-DC100? Please recomend one. Thanks.

digitrex

Aug 27, 2004
Hi SzeKiat,

I read from dpreview forum that the OmniRemote software for Palm organizer can be programmed to do the trick.
I have obtained all the codes for my old idling Palm V. I had setup all the buttons in the same way as Canon WL-DC100.

Will continue to try to test it out after I return to home this evening.

p4610yz

Oct 26, 2003
Sengkang
hmm....wat abt pocket pc...got anything for pocket pc>>that can be used as a remote control for canon camera

release

Jul 17, 2004
p4610yz said:
hmm....wat abt pocket pc...got anything for pocket pc>>that can be used as a remote control for canon camera
Yes, I downloaded some program before and tried, it worked but the distance is very limited, maybe 1m or 2m. not really useful, and do you really want to bring a pocket pc in your camera bag when going out? :p

digitrex

Aug 27, 2004
Finally, I can make my old Palm V to operate as a remote control for Canon S1 IS.

I lay out all the 8buttons in exactly the same way as that of Canon remote controller and I now can use 100% of the functions. I can use it at a distance of about 4m away.

Status
Not open for further replies.