Alternative macro setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Sep 25, 2006
Hi all.. Was thinking of the below 4 as an alternative macro setup with more magnification:

- Raynox CA2000A
- Raynox DCR 5320 pro (HD)
- Extension tubes (heard canon ones allows AF?)
- Canon 500D diopter

Looking for magnification of at least 5x more. Current lens that i'm using is sigma 17 -70mm with 72mm diameter with. Also, the 5320 pro is high definition, question is, do you really need HD for macro? Need some views here on possible setups/combos with the 4 that were mentioned above.. Thanks!!

Hi all.. Was thinking of the below 4 as an alternative macro setup with more magnification:

- Raynox CA2000A
- Raynox DCR 5320 pro (HD)
- Extension tubes (heard canon ones allows AF?)
- Canon 500D diopter

Looking for magnification of at least 5x more. Current lens that i'm using is sigma 17 -70mm with 72mm diameter with. Also, the 5320 pro is high definition, question is, do you really need HD for macro? Need some views here on possible setups/combos with the 4 that were mentioned above.. Thanks!!
I believe none... if you are looking for extreme close up, this is yours http://photo.net/equipment/canon/mp-e-65

But the CA2000A boasts 12.8x diopter.. supposedly better magnification? The MP-E 65 is a dedicated macro lens and is difficult to use i heard..
well it is as difficult if not worse to use a extremely high diopter attachment as well (for the same amount of magnificant as a macro lens)

well, another way is a 20mm prime lens inverted. i've done it with a 28mm and hell, i can get really good mag but dof is really razor thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.