Alternative Ice Kacang - Xue Hua Bing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperD

Haha.. for those foodies and lovers of Taiwanese food,

Here's something that's quite exclusive - Taiwan's Xue Hua Bing (Snow.Flower.Ice).
Had my first bowl in Taiwan and never forget the taste.. so for those who would like to try or to reminisce the taste again.. you can go to Woodlands Civic Center. There's like a minifood fair there near the Macdonald's...

Heehee... :D

nice ??

maybe i willl go and try it tomorrow ;p

Just had my 3rd 鼎泰豐 (DinTaiFeng) 小龍包 (Small Dragon Buns) today :D

hahaha.. the xue hua bing's nice... almost the same as the one in Taiwan.

Xiang Ji Pa - dun have (drooling just thinking about it...) think only the store in Tampines have Xiang ji pa

DingTaiFeng cannot eat too many times one... heh heh heh

er ... what's Xiang Ji Pa ??

!... there's a store in tampines that sells xiang ji pa? where where where? i've been missing it, together with the Tian Bu La...from the store outside 7-11 in heng chun :)

Xiang Ji Pa - (literally) Fragrant Chicken Steak
A roadside delicacy where a big chicken steak's deep-fried and later cut up into bite sized pieces, seasoned with chilli power and a little MSG powder... power! Advised to eat during cold days when it's just fried.... :D

Tampines.. can't remember where liao.. need to go find again.. haven't really been there but hope the Ji pa is as good as the ones in Taiwan (but I doubt it) :)

The xue hua bing came close

I'll be going back to Taipei on Monday! Where can I go for xuehuabing?

The basement food court of the Far Eastern Plaza Mall has a stall selling douhua (bean curd). That is the closest to taohuey in Singapore I can get before actually going back to Singapore next weekend. They also have a store selling Hainanese Chicken Rice. Quite authentic also.

Xua Hua Bing...marina sq indoor food court also have...
A little ex though...

Muahahah.....Taiwanese food is the besst....go to Shi Lin Nite Market in Taipei and Hua Si Jie. Basically eat from the street hawkers, they always taste the better.

Roygoh....which part are you heading to?

tmc17479 said:
Muahahah.....Taiwanese food is the besst....go to Shi Lin Nite Market in Taipei and Hua Si Jie. Basically eat from the street hawkers, they always taste the better.

Roygoh....which part are you heading to?

I will be staying in Taipei, in the Grand Hyatt Hotel (near to the Sun Yat Sen Memorial). I am actually at the HK airport now waiting to board the plane.

Last month when I was there I did go to Hua Si Jia (the Snake Alley, right?). But I did not notice any xuehuabing. Much pay a visit again this time and look closer.

- Roy

SniperD said:
Hua Si Jie dun have lah... hahahah.. try going to ShiLin or Taipei Railway station's Shing Guang San Yue basement food court. THink I saw it there... hehee

There was a desert stall which sold the xue hua bing, near one of the 'entrances' to ximen ding..near the rainbow hotel where i stayed :)

was there in winter so went for the hot deserts though

edit: damn i meant desSert stall

Where can I buy tian bu la in sg? Kinda miss that... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.