Alonso moves to McLaren for 2007 season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Well, well, well,

I must say that I was surprised by this piece of news when I heard it a few days back. So, seems that the McLaren team will have to decide who will partner Fernando Alonso in 2007 since he is moving over!

And here is Renault's reaction.

Wonder how will they concentrate for the 2006 season...

F1 got a lot of changes. 1 tyre for 2007 season, Bridgestone. Got new names for some teams and a new 11th jap team, Super Aguri :eek:

I think it is bye bye Montoya in 2007. Alonso's jump is not a big surprise. I alway think he is a upstart but I doubt he has the maturity and talent to keep coming up number one. To see him jump team..well he is into himself right about now. Guess Mclaren has deeper pockets.

2006 will be an interesting year..with engine change and some drivers changing teams etc. But I am still rooting for Ferrari. It is not often you get to see them being the underdog so it would be interesting to see them doa comeback from the rear. It is abit borering on boring to see them wining race after race for 5 yrs heheh. But this time, they are doing a comeback and that will be exciting if they can do it for 2006!

will Heikki Kovalainen follow in the footsteps of Michael Schumacher & Fernando Alonso :think:

Bernie's reaction

Bernie Ecclestone has launched a stinging attack on Fernando Alonso and Ron Dennis following the Spaniard’s shock move to McLaren for 2007.

The Potential Fallout

sammy888 said:
Looks like maybe some of the Takuma Sato fans here will be happy as he might be one of the two drivers for the team hehehh

haha we're not gonna miss him afterall. More kamikaze next year! Tyre changes are back i think?

Wah...all the Formula 1 2005 forummers are slowly coming out of the woodwork in CS again heheh...

Well I would be happy to see Shummi or Kimi win the next one lah heh

more driver changes the better

makes it more interesting

As always, I will root for McLaren and Kimi! (Montoya too - maybe he should see a 'sin sei' to wash away all the bad luck so that other drivers do not crash into him when he is running second with Kimi leading...) :bsmilie:

Canew said:
As always, I will root for McLaren and Kimi! (Montoya too - maybe he should see a 'sin sei' to wash away all the bad luck so that other drivers do not crash into him when he is running second with Kimi leading...) :bsmilie:

He needs more then that...he need to consult a bomoh or witch doctor as well heheh..

sammy888 said:
Looks like maybe some of the Takuma Sato fans here will be happy as he might be one of the two drivers for the team hehehh

I wld b happy if he continue to stay in F1... ;)

Anyways thks fr the input Canew.. lost track wif the happenings in F1 during dis post season.

sammy888 said:
He needs more then that...he need to consult a bomoh or witch doctor as well heheh..
Any bomoh to recommend? Then e-mail the contact to Ron Dennis. :bsmilie:

Count down : 24 Days to Bahrain Grand Prix!

FIA Rules & Regulations Sporting Regulations
2006 season changes

A number of changes to both the Sporting and Technical Regulations have been made by the FIA for the 2006 Formula One season.

Qualifying
For 2006, the single-lap system used in recent years is replaced be a new three-part, knockout format, with multiple cars on track throughout the qualifying hour, which is split into two 15-minute sessions and a final 20-minute session, with five-minute breaks in between.

Part one: All 22 cars may run laps at any time during the first 15 minutes of the hour. At the end of the first 15 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill the final six grid places.

Part two: After a five-minute break, the times will be reset and the 16 remaining cars then will then run in a second 15-minute session - again they may complete as many laps as they want at any time during that period. At the end of the 15 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill places 11 to 16 on the grid.

Part three: After another five-minute break, the times are reset and the final 20-minute session will feature a shootout between the remaining 10 cars to decide pole position and the starting order for the top 10 grid places. Again, these cars may run as many laps as they wish.

In the first two 15-minute sessions, cars may run any fuel load and drivers knocked out after those sessions may refuel ahead of the race. However, the top-ten drivers must begin the final 20-minute session with the fuel load on which they plan to start the race. They will be weighed before they leave the pits, and whatever fuel they use in the 20 minutes may be replaced at the end of the session.

If a driver is deemed to have stopped unnecessarily on the circuit or impeded another driver during the qualifying session, then his times will be cancelled.

Engines
For 2006, engines are reduced in size from the previous 3-litre V10s to 2.4-litre V8s. The aim is to reduce costs and improve safety. With similar engine speeds, the change is expected to cut peak power by around 200bhp, which in turn is likely to add around three to five seconds to lap times at most circuits. The FIA may allow some teams to use 2005-spec V10s if they do not have access to competitive V8. The FIA will enforce a rev limit on any V10s to ensure performance is comparable with that of a V8.

Tyres
After a season’s absence, tyre changes during races return to Formula One in 2006. The thinking behind this is that the reduced engine size will offset any performance gain. Drivers also have access to slightly more tyres than in 2005 - seven sets of dry-weather, four sets of wet-weather and three sets of extreme-weather. Drivers must make a final choice of dry-weather compound ahead of qualifying.

Weekend schedule
In a slight change to the Grand Prix weekend format, Saturday morning now features a single, one-hour practice session, as opposed to two, 45-minute sessions. It takes place between 1100 and 1200. Qualifying is an hour later than before, commencing at 1400.

Did the rules changes in last season halted the Ferrari's dominace? :dunno: There were speculation that the changes is to halt Ferrari!

Wondering r they trying to do the same in the new 2006 season? :think:

The changes this season is so complicating:bigeyes: R they trying to wear out the cars before start of actual race?
Maybe this year the teams need to have more spare cars?:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.