Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
30192445.jpg

Part of Cavenaugh bridge

30192446.jpg

EOS 30, EF 85/1.8, Kodak T400CN

Good tonality for the first one. Not so sure about the space on the right, consider cropping a bit?

OT: kodak has phased out T400CN...a new BW400CN has been launched to replace it, prob in Singapore in 3 months time...

canturn said:
Good tonality for the first one. Not so sure about the space on the right, consider cropping a bit?

OT: kodak has phased out T400CN...a new BW400CN has been launched to replace it, prob in Singapore in 3 months time...
What's the difference between the 2 kodak film? And how do they compare to Ilford?

yeocolin said:
What's the difference between the 2 kodak film? And how do they compare to Ilford?

Both tcn400 and ilford xp2 super are b&w film with very fine grain. Both will scan very well and print in colour lab well.

The main problem with the tcn400 is the orange mask that makes it a nightmare to print in the darkroom. I've tried to print some of the shoots I took earlier last year on tcn400...need to print really hard contrast, like grade 3.5 to 4 on diffuser head.

XP2 super is a much improved film since xp and xp2. Very good tonality even when rated at ISO 1000...one of the films that I use for weddings if I don't have time to develop myself. At ISO800-1000, it is relatively easy to print w/o losing details in the shadow area.

Status
Not open for further replies.