Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
I wanted to use a large area of negative space to create a lead. Points I can note to improve on from my own perspective are that the subject is too low at the moment.
PP21.jpg

Constructive CnC appreciated, as always.

I will like it better if legs not cut off at the bottom, but overall, I like the idea.

Yeap... Same here. Leg cut-off is a definite no, no... :nono:

Working as a director of photography at an international stock agency for 5 years, I can tell you that this image has no value in it. No client will buy. Not even theatre groups.

Not much choice in this one, because it's not posed! I needed to exclude something else for this shot but Heh, I'm thinking of working more on a shoot based on this concept, so watch out for it, I'll share it as soon as I've gotten it done. Thanks for the note about the legs. It's definitely too low, but I'll get it right in the studio. ;)

I kind of like this except for the cut legs. Probably a recrop up to the waist would do wonders. A possibility would also be a square aspect ratio..

The outcome will be place alot on what SIze you want to show the Photo .

If it going to be a small print . i suggest you save your time and money .

in order for the photo to take effect a print larger then 8 inches . usually in large format .

can play with the contrast more . and possible if you going to retake the shot .. soft light aginst the model would help to give sharper expressional reflection ..

over all .. depress feeling .
lay out . not that good .
focus abit out .
space contrast ok
Don't really like the angle

osix uvlux

Uvlux said:
The outcome will be place alot on what SIze you want to show the Photo .

If it going to be a small print . i suggest you save your time and money .

in order for the photo to take effect a print larger then 8 inches . usually in large format .

can play with the contrast more . and possible if you going to retake the shot .. soft light aginst the model would help to give sharper expressional reflection ..

over all .. depress feeling .
lay out . not that good .
focus abit out .
space contrast ok
Don't really like the angle

osix uvlux

Thanks. Will consider all this when producing the set based on this concept.

only thing I can add is maybe edge transition of subject's right side, esp arm, to background too sharp ... sense of disconnect of subject to background. A less sharp transistion gives better sense of merging/emerging of subject into/from bkgd. But then that may not be the effect you want ...

espion said:
only thing I can add is maybe edge transition of subject's right side, esp arm, to background too sharp ... sense of disconnect of subject to background. A less sharp transistion gives better sense of merging/emerging of subject into/from bkgd. But then that may not be the effect you want ...

I was going for isolation, therefore as stark as possible. I appreciate the suggestion though, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.