Alone or Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

shunzi

Nov 14, 2008
just wondering, do you guys like taking photos alone or in a grp?

1 other person is plenty for me..

I prefer 1 person... 2 people both have diff ideas and want to go diff place, end up split anyway... for me anyway:)

I have peace shooting in solitude

Ryan

Pros and cons of each.

I was speaking to a seasoned photographer yesterday about the same exact topic!~:)

In a group (say 5 or more people; less I dunno)

Pros:

1) Not so lonely
2) Can ask for advise
3) Can borrow equipment; expand the type of shots you can get
4) Make/forge friendships!
5) GREAT TCSS!

Cons:

1) Sometime too crowded and distracting
2) Ask for advise, sometimes get differing opinions and get confused. In the end, never learn anything or learn very very slowly.
3) Always the risk of equipment damage, people borrowing from you too long and yu can't get/miss yr shot. Also, a lot of times end up kenar too much BBB poison! :bsmilie:
4) Differences of opinion e.g., approaches and locations even on the same shoot.
5) Too much TCSS and not enough concentration on the shooting!

Alone shooting is lone ranger lor! A lot of time to think, contemplate, explore etc etc etc, but it gets lonely and tiring sometimes.

Conslusion:

Sometimes you need to be in a group (for the right reasons), and sometimes, you really need to go out and shoot alone.

Normally shoot alone.

But do go out in groups too...

if I have a choice, I prefer to shoot along... so I will not get distracted or hindered for creating the images I want.

however, I can shoot with others when situation not permitted.

Alone.

I can move from place to place very fast at times; on other occasions, I can spend hours in one small area. Not easy to find others who can accommodate my approach.

i shoot wit my gf most of the time... but sometime i do shoot alone..

this sound weird...

I guess it really depends on the level you are at?:)

If you are still learning, you would want to shoot with some other more experienced photographers so as to learn the ropes. If you are already seasoned, you can just go anywhere, anytime and shoot superb pics.

Anyway, I need to shoot with friends as Im still learning. :)

Depends on what I intend to do.

Dream Merchant stated very valid pros and cons of shooting as a group :thumbsup:

If I intend to roam the streets, walk from places to places. Then I would rather shoot alone.

If I intend to shoot in a particular area, like in a park, old changi hospital :eek: I would prefer to have company.

i tend to shoot alone ...to many ppl may get messy .

Maybe go to the shooting place as a group but still end up shooting alone ...hahaha

i shoot wit my gf most of the time... but sometime i do shoot alone..

this sound weird...

LOL! Haha.. what a random insertion of ero-humour.

Anyway, I prefer a solo shoot but there's more pressure to deliver. As the above posters have said, it's fun to talk to other photogs too but the end product is a lot of un-unique stuff.

LOL! Haha.. what a random insertion of ero-humour.

Anyway, I prefer a solo shoot but there's more pressure to deliver. As the above posters have said, it's fun to talk to other photogs too but the end product is a lot of un-unique stuff.

Actually, if we were to re-read all the posts. All can be interpreted in a different way huh...

Status
Not open for further replies.