Almanac reading for V-Day

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
1796568_600272773386261_1964138212_n.jpg

this yr calander meh? why chu ba?
Chu ba is the square above lah. Which Chinese calendar will say Yuan Xiao on Chu Ba? Anyway, no, not mine. Got it off a friend's FB post (of a repost).

Chu ba is the square above lah. Which Chinese calendar will say Yuan Xiao on Chu Ba? Anyway, no, not mine. Got it off a friend's FB post (of a repost).

Your Friend Sabo la.....

Wonder how many Bro & Sis here will.... abstain if this is this year calendar... :think:

Those who are planing will check the dates more carefully.... lol......

It is correct. 元宵节 a.k.a. Chap Goh Mei in Hokkien.
Abstain from sex and killing.
Or else you will not jackpot prize of $10 million on 14 February 2014 (Friday).

View attachment 511

i googled "元宵节" and got lantern festival aka mid-autumn festival (google translate of course).

anyways i don't believe in that.

Usually they are not done simultaneously :bsmilie: So only one is ok?

how about whacking off and being an accessory to murder? i'm sure they're half-way off the mark and you'll still win 5 million ;)

i don't think that it's this year's calendar

I am also not sure but let's see... From the picture, we need the following conditions in order for the two dates to coincide:

1. There is no square to the right of the date. So as per ricoflex's calendar, the two days (Yuan Xiao and V-Day) has to fall on a Saturday.

2. This means that the first day of CNY has to be on a Friday, 31 Jan.

According to http://www.chinesenewyears.info/chinese-new-year-calendar.php the previous years where the first day of CNY was on 31 Jan were:

31 Jan 1995 - Tuesday

31 Jan 1976 - Saturday

31 Jan 1957 - Thursday

31 Jan 1938 - Monday

No other dates fulfill the constraints between 1930-2030.

(I used http://earthonly.com/tools/weekday.php to get the day of week of the above dates.)

Of course, the calendar itself could be faked or faked words were put in.

Sure or not?

this is taken from the horse racing calender, if you want 100% double confirm plus chop, just can go buy a copy Tong Su to check lor.

2014-02-13%2008.20.05.jpg

Notice the date 14 is highlighted in red? So it could mean that he date shown in the photo is on a Sunday. And that could mean that this calendar could be for 1976.

Notice the date 14 is highlighted in red? So it could mean that he date shown in the photo is on a Sunday. And that could mean that this calendar could be for 1976.

Then why Chu Ba above it in black?