All the Pros and Cons of Nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
HI, just thought i'd make it easier for any new members looking to buy a Dslr to look here for answers. Please leave this thread SOLELY FOR THE DISCUSSION OF PROS AND CONS FOR NIKON EQUIPMENT Please try not to OT too. Hopefully it will ease the problem of having to answer the same questions over and over again. (will start a Similar Canon Thread too.)

:D Pro:
Nikon no cons

Just leave it for the new members to take the initiative to use the search function, it's not there for no reason.. And since u said the questions are repeatative.. the answers are definitely easily acquired everywhere in the forum..

all i know is nikon started out making binoculas lens. i started out with minota, subsquently to nikon, and now canon. i personally think tat nikon sells on stabilty rather than technology, whereas canon selling point is more on lastest technology. in terms of film, nikon is v stable.... at the end of the day, its the photographer, not the equipment.

Nikons are hazardous to your health. Please send your Nikon equipment to me for safe disposal...

edfck said:
at the end of the day, its the photographer, not the equipment.
i feel tt tis statement is over-used, esp in equipment discussions. everytime some1 blames a lens/body/flash, ppl start giving excuses of how its the photographer who should improve.

maybe there should be a sticky. let X=its the photographer and not his equipment tt makes great photos. so as to save ppl the trouble of typing tis everytime

roti_prata said:
i feel tt tis statement is over-used, esp in equipment discussions. everytime some1 blames a lens/body/flash, ppl start giving excuses of how its the photographer who should improve.

maybe there should be a sticky. let X=its the photographer and not his equipment tt makes great photos. so as to save ppl the trouble of typing tis everytime

I thought BBB is the most over-used statement around here? Followed by MTL :bsmilie:

Misconception.

It's not the photographer behind the camera that gets the shots.

It's the photographer behind the camera who understands the limitations and performance of his equipment well, and overcomes the limitations and pushes the performance to the max that gets the shots.

Paul_Yeo said:
Cons: I wish my camera body come in pink color
Don't worry, you are da D2X PRO :thumbsup: Nikon will convert your D2X to pink for you :thumbsup:

:bsmilie:

espn said:
Don't worry, you are da D2X PRO :thumbsup: Nikon will convert your D2X to pink for you :thumbsup:

Well Said.

espn said:
Misconception.

It's not the photographer behind the camera that gets the shots.

It's the photographer behind the camera who understands the limitations and performance of his equipment well, and overcomes the limitations and pushes the performance to the max that gets the shots.

Cons:

-Too addictive
-Too irresistable
-Too many reasons to spend money

:bsmilie:

Paul_Yeo said:
Cons: I wish my camera body come in pink color

can ask Nikon 2 costum paint 4 u, mayb they would- 4 a price? :dunno:

try diy, take it apart & spray paint. :bsmilie:

this is liable for flamewars and bad blood. Recommend closure. Equipment no matter which brand depends on how it is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.