All the Pros and Cons of Nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.
wildstallion said:
Agree, Pro Comment :thumbsup:

I find some of the nikon sensors very noisy and would ever want to go above iso800 in dark conditions because the noise level is too high, I have heard that canon sensors can handle noise alot better, but then again so can the d200 and D2X whne compared to the d70(s) and d50.

I heard the D2hs is the best in the nikon line and other brand for noise handling... may i right? i remember reading a review somewhere by a german journalist.

Pros: Have technology that matters and usable, lead rather than follow (tech like VR, iTTL/CLS, WiFi, DX lenses), range of lenses that can be used on current bodies that are unique like 6mm, 8mm to 1200-1700 ;) Great usability in the products (batteries, UI, egonomics)

Cons: Too good products that are too ex...

roti_prata said:
i dont really understand ur 1st sentance, some typo perhaps? i agree tt VR is kinda useless on long lenses 300mm and up coz how often do ppl shoot them handheld?

rather, i often hoped for VR on standard zooms which i seldom use with tripods/monopods.

the canon 17-55/2.8 IS USM sounds really good:lovegrin:
u mean u can't handhold 55(X1.6) = 80+mm?

I.S/VR just drive up the pricing of these lenses. useful? yes, for sure. but i'm certain we can do without VR/I.S on such a range. at least for me, i dead certain. just that manual focusing is challenging. :bsmilie:

Cheesecake said:
u're spot on.
that german thing rate it the best followed by S3Pro!:sweat:
yupe and 1ds mark II N is quite low if i m not wrong:dunno:

sometimes really bo bian must shoot 1/20, go home and view on computer can see visible bluring.

Watcher said:
Good for bragging as well mah. The eternal "I have but your brand don't have" ;)
Wait.

"I have" ? Sure they even HAVE it when they brag about it? ;)

roti_prata said:
sometimes really bo bian must shoot 1/20, go home and view on computer can see visible bluring.

There are things called tripods and monopods.
In a pinch, even a piece of rope with a knot on one end and a tripod screw tied to the other would work. i.e. Secure the camera to the tripod screw and tension the rope by stepping on the end with the knot. The rope acts like the third leg of a tripod with you supplying the other two legs. (sounds rude doesn't it...third leg he he)

The following article has a different way of applying the rope method.

http://www.nicholsonprints.com/Articles/tripodsubstitution.htm

Cheesecake said:
u mean u can't handhold 55(X1.6) = 80+mm?

I.S/VR just drive up the pricing of these lenses. useful? yes, for sure. but i'm certain we can do without VR/I.S on such a range. at least for me, i dead certain. just that manual focusing is challenging. :bsmilie:
I rest it be.. they don't know what they need/want, technology is all they know. ;)

roti_prata said:

1/20 on 85mm+- and u can't handheld? :sweat: may sound skeptical and abit too sarcastic...
but surely handholding 85mm at 1/20 is a luxury sometimes?

u need N.S. u need the gym. u need proper handholding and breathing techniques.

Pros: Body design good.
Cons: Dun like their lenses.

erizai said:
Well Said.

roti_prata said:
i feel tt tis statement is over-used, esp in equipment discussions. everytime some1 blames a lens/body/flash, ppl start giving excuses of how its the photographer who should improve.

maybe there should be a sticky. let X=its the photographer and not his equipment tt makes great photos. so as to save ppl the trouble of typing tis everytime

soon, what espn said will be repeated. whats the difference.:dunno:

doug3fflux said:
soon, what espn said will be repeated. whats the difference.:dunno:
Saying it, repeating it is one thing.

But understanding it is totally another.

Pros: all my old lenses can still be used
CLS - the best flash system in the world

Cons: it makes me want to shoot all the time
thus less time for family/work

Max 2.8 said:
Pros: Body design good.
Cons: Dun like their lenses.
How come? I rate Nikon lenses among the tops!

Status
Not open for further replies.