All the Pros and Cons of Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
HI, just thought i'd make it easier for any new members looking to buy a Dslr to look here for answers. Please leave this thread SOLELY FOR THE DISCUSSION OF PROS AND CONS FOR CANON EQUIPMENT Please try not to OT too. Hopefully it will ease the problem of having to answer the same questions over and over again. (will start a Similar Nikon Thread too.)

Pros: Full frame (technology always ahead of Nikon).
Cons: To date, Canon has not been able to produce a good wide angle lens.

I think Canon has got a pretty well set higher end series.
but
I still find the "cracking" of the shutter a little loud.

astroboy said:

I like this kind of comments, senseless and stupid without understanding what's technology.

sad to say, i dun see the pt in both the threads you created.. -_-

flaming is gonna start eventually..

~Arcanic~ said:
sad to say, i dun see the pt in both the threads you created.. -_-

flaming is gonna start eventually..
Sentiments exactly...

+1 before lock

what cons?? :cool:

user111 said:
what cons?? :cool:

BTW, I am a true blue Canon guy but I find that they (Canon) keep changing their stuff so quickly that I have a hard time to catch up. Furthermore price drops so quickly that it is quite 'sim tiah' if I purchase the stuff when it first comes out and watch it drop by $1500 in a couple of months. (5D, of course). Luckily, I have not bought it yet. Haha :bsmilie:

pruss one.

seriously, this question shld be in the canon section, likewise the nikon one. :nono:

eng_keow said:
BTW, I am a true blue Canon guy but I find that they (Canon) keep changing their stuff so quickly that I have a hard time to catch up. Furthermore price drops so quickly that it is quite 'sim tiah' if I purchase the stuff when it first comes out and watch it drop by $1500 in a couple of months. (5D, of course). Luckily, I have not bought it yet. Haha :bsmilie:

very simple

set a fixed value for your maximum budget
once the price falls within your range, grab and use with no regrets

Chris Lim said:
HI, just thought i'd make it easier for any new members looking to buy a Dslr to look here for answers. Please leave this thread SOLELY FOR THE DISCUSSION OF PROS AND CONS FOR CANON EQUIPMENT Please try not to OT too. Hopefully it will ease the problem of having to answer the same questions over and over again. (will start a Similar Nikon Thread too.)

to answer this question constructively:

pros:

1. canon has L series lense. very impressive image quality
2. canon changes products fast. used prices will drop faster and its beneficial for budget hunters
3. canon has Fullframe DSLRs which optimise image quality
4. canon has the largest system of AF lenses
5. canon has a very good marketing strategy
6. canon has an impressive line-up of printers. so u can be very sure that your digital camera and printer are of the same brand. if anythin goes wrong, just send both to the same customer service centre

etc

cons:

1. bad on the pocket - buy buy buy virus!!

Nothing to do with the hardware.

Canon has sheer guts.

Do you know how much courage it took to breakaway from the Canon FD mount and move into the EOS EF mount and go into AF when autofocus was in its infancy and poor Minolta was facing a big (was it US$300 Million?) law suit from Honeywell Pentax for copyright infringement on the autofocus technology used in the early Minolta 7000 (AF) series cameras?

Canon made it because it had the solid R&D to back its guts.

Erh,,,, Nikon was adopting a wait and see attitude. Not wrong. Just being careful.

astroboy said:
Cons: To date, Canon has not been able to produce a good wide angle lens.
i wont consider full frame an advantage unless it offers significant improvements in noise control(which i dont see in comparisons with d2x) ultra wides like 12-24 made the [not-wide-enough] argument invalid(exceptions for a minority wide freaks)

the efs10-22 is rated by many to be excellent. kenrockwell dot com, a pro nikon guy, rates it above his nikkor 12-24

Both systems Nikon and Canon are good. if you know how to make full use of it.

If dont know how to compose and also understand limitation of ur own camera (as espn says in the other thread on nikon pros and cons) then whats the use of having a full frame?

the key is just being comfortable with what you have and shooting more instead of debating. There is no end. Both Nikon and Canon rules.

tltan

Pros: The stuff they produce 'delights me always'.
Cons: All this delightful stuff is thinning my wallet.

Seriously though, I'm not sure if I can list definite pros and cons of Canon. Each of its products may have flaws. But I'm definitely happy with what I've bought from them so far, even though it's made me incredibly poor.

y always need 2 compare? den wad abt other traditional 35mm cams like Pentax, Minolta, Contax, Leica, etc? :faint:

there's always a betta cam & photographer (pro / hobbyist) ard wad. potography is abt passion! :lovegrin:

This thread is about and cons of canon, NOT C vs N

IMHO.

Pro
1) Haivng the OPTION of 1.6, 1.3, AND FF is a PRO.
2) Large no. of Lenses
etc

Con
1) Keep the best technology for the highest end bodies
2) L lenses sux your waLLet dry!

Status
Not open for further replies.