All smiles for him

mazlanmadden

Nov 30, 2009
Singapore
IMG_7579.jpg

taken with 500d + 18-55mm on P settings.

settings : shutter speed : 1/30
focal length : 21mm , aperture : f3.5
iso: 500

1.in what area is critique to be sought?

I will like feedback on the composition. Since i'm a newbie, i would also want tips and feedbacks on the PP of this shot. At the same time, some good techniques on taking this kind of shot in the future.

I will like feedback on photography techniques.
The following is the camera settings used to photograph this picture.
I have chosen this aperture/shutter speed/exposure compensation because I want
to show *fill in the blank*

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I'm capturing the mood of the event. the smile,laughter and happiness of the bride and groom and also fellow friends/relatives around.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

i took this shot when the bride and groom was leaving. they did not stop to pose and i just took this shot. furthermore, i was not the official photographer. i'm the distant cousin of the guy and i just tag along with my camera to get some experience. it was a tiring and fun experience though.

there were many photographers around and i just had this spot to take the shot.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

personally, i thought i took a good shot to show the emotions of the event. but of course, this is a learning process and i hope to get feedbacks and critiques on how to improve when taking this kind of candid happy shot.

The man with the green color phone on the right side is distracting .

For me it would be good if use UWA Lens ;-) , and will capture more people surround by him .

you might want to remove the guy talking on the phone.. either cropping or move slightly to the left when u are taking the photo..

i can feel the happiness in this photo.. looks good to me.. newbie here tho.. :)

This is from a newbie's perspective. I think the guy talking on the phone removes the joy from the photo. Also, it would be better if you centralise your camera on the black and white feathers to create an artificial frame effect. Also, looking at your title, you could've zoomed in on the smile (face shot). Overall, it's quite a nice shot that captured the mood of the event, keep shooting! :thumbsup:

I'm not good in this but this is what I will do. Either I will go really wide or a close up shot of only the married couple in probably half body crop.

How about taking straight in front of the couple as they walk thru the isle and using that "curve thing" as a frame? Not sure if you can stand in front of them as there is a official photographer but can try zoom in at 55mm.

I might just wait and wait and pray they will look at each other smiling and capture a close up shot of that too....

thanks for the great feedback guys! yeah after looking i really thought the guy on the phone was distracting. haha. appreciate on those composition tips. :D will work on that.

P.S i actually got a close up on the couples faces. i might want to look on that as a better one.

thanks again guys. :D

if u stand more to your left, eliminate that guy with the phone, show more of the friend's smiling face on the left. your photo will look much better, since in this position, the couple will not be so centralised but placed on to the center-right (in btw) side of the photo.