All about filters - GND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tianya got GND right? (from my research below shows yes...)

yes, got.

you can get from friends returning from china, that would be cheapest

other than that, got MO on clubsnap, check the MO section

alternatively, you can get from tagotech if i am not wrong, but these will be more than if you get direct from china

not much choice though, sometimes.

i would have replied earlier, have been a bit busy so cannot spam the forums as much as usual :)

yes, got.

you can get from friends returning from china, that would be cheapest

other than that, got MO on clubsnap, check the MO section

alternatively, you can get from tagotech if i am not wrong, but these will be more than if you get direct from china

not much choice though, sometimes.

i would have replied earlier, have been a bit busy so cannot spam the forums as much as usual :)

Thanks... I should have post this earlier...Ha ha

never thought of MO section before... Will check
Too bad I never thought about this when going China last time.... Think I just get it when I stop over HK....

hmm does anyone know where to get hitech filters in sg?

btw was just thinking, whats the diff btw screw in ND (not grad) filters and square filters? Basically, teh same right? Only thing is ND is fixed diameter thread, so not as flexible?

I was thinking of getting screw in B+W ND filters (probably too exp though, even with MO), but i just want to avoid the colour cast! =(

btw was just thinking, whats the diff btw screw in ND (not grad) filters and square filters? Basically, teh same right? Only thing is ND is fixed diameter thread, so not as flexible?

I was thinking of getting screw in B+W ND filters (probably too exp though, even with MO), but i just want to avoid the colour cast! =(

Depending on the one's your looking at, quality of the glass will be different. But, yep, main thing is the flexibility of the square versions versus the 1 diameter size for screw on.

Will collect my Tianya GND today... Hope it is at least good for the price. Ha ha. Never play with any filter...

Hi waderbreak

The hitech filters i think u need to order online and ship from overseas.

ND screw mount vs rectangular filters are pretty equivalent, just make sure u get the
largest diameter screw mount ND filter so the subsequent ones u can step down from there.

I have a 77mm screw mount ND and it is pretty handy and hardy :thumbsup:

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.