LR Tips Alien Skin Software Announces Bokeh Lens Simulation Plug-in for Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSSNewsRobot

Sep 27, 2006
Accurate lens simulation lets photographers manipulate focus and depth of field after the shot has been taken. Realistic highlights give more beautiful results than any other software. Creative controls help photographers focus attention on the subject or add atmosphere to the scene. read more

More...

so far not bad..i using it..thumb ups

Its easy to use... But masking the subject is tedious as always..lol..Do a liquify inwards on the subject first before masking else u will see glowing edges. :)

Sorry , whats the point of executing shots in real time, if all the techincalities can be relied on such softwares? I don't get this fad.

Sorry , whats the point of executing shots in real time, if all the techincalities can be relied on such softwares? I don't get this fad.

For users who find the DOF control lacking against the faster but more expensive primes. Otherwise why go through the hassle of such PP work ( I would imagine accurate masking to be really time consuming work )

Ryan

This software is especially good for those who are shooting with P&S compact digicams as it is impossible to achieve the kind of DOF that could be gotten from fast prime or zoom lenses on APS-C or full-frame DSLRs.

Depending on the complexity of the shot, masking work could be quite tedious though. But could be well worth it if the shot could be improved through the use of this software.

Shoot at F16/22 then use this to create bokeh. Oh dear.

We wont need primes next time! Nah.... still cant beat the enjoyment of shooting the real thing at f1.2!

It is of course best if you can afford or have an uber-expensive f/1.2 prime lens ... and had used it to take the shot. But if like most mortals amongst us who can't afford one, Bokeh is a viable and cheap alternative. Or if you have already taken a shot at f/5.6 and found that the DOF was still too much and the shot is a keeper in every other respect, then it's Bokeh to the rescue. ;)

We wont need primes next time! Nah.... still cant beat the enjoyment of shooting the real thing at f1.2!

it is an approximation to the thinner dof that is produced by faster lenses, though a masterfully done PP will leave people clueless of what went it through.

But faster primes also let u shoot in dimmer lights ma, so the experience is not wholly duplicated .. and especially if u love to feel the heft of these lenses when shooting ...

and burns a bigger hole .. ( but coming to think of it the softwares also not too cheap )

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.