ALERT: possible SCV billing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
Hi guys
I just got a billing error for converting to a digital set top box, where they added my box rental twice, because I have the ultimate pack.
called them and verified error.
heh didn't even try to smoke me.

Just check to make sure u guys not geting charged extra.

:) have a nice day

same here, i went to add dunno wat, they gave me a call to say they noticed the problem... but din notice they put the money back where, still billed about 2xx den even i pay liao, always 5xx outstanding...

btw now damn funny, the digital box damn freaking bad, always like watching pirated vcd, cos keep skipping yet, they now increase price of the analog box to 10 bucks, the digital box 12 bucks... so i also dunno liao, i also got most of the digital channels... sianz... ultimate cable tv + ultimate cable modem + almost all digital channel = ultimately own3d

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
same here, i went to add dunno wat, they gave me a call to say they noticed the problem... but din notice they put the money back where, still billed about 2xx den even i pay liao, always 5xx outstanding...

btw now damn funny, the digital box damn freaking bad, always like watching pirated vcd, cos keep skipping yet, they now increase price of the analog box to 10 bucks, the digital box 12 bucks... so i also dunno liao, i also got most of the digital channels... sianz... ultimate cable tv + ultimate cable modem + almost all digital channel = ultimately own3d

receive many invite to change to digital set top box never even bother when they are charging for rental the set top box. Now the analog type work very well wat.:lovegrin:

amospi said:
receive many invite to change to digital set top box never even bother when they are charging for rental the set top box. Now the analog type work very well wat.:lovegrin:

i those kamikaze tester mah...

anyway that time i get digital box is when it was just launched with a bloody compulsory installation fee thing... then i have ultimate plan with 2 analog set top bundle, with 1 additional analog, they die die dun let me change all to digital tat time, say ultimate die die must have 1 analog, now ask me to change my analog to digital, where got time...:angry:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

anyway that time i get digital box is when it was just launched with a bloody compulsory installation fee thing... then i have ultimate plan with 2 analog set top bundle, with 1 additional analog, they die die dun let me change all to digital tat time, say ultimate die die must have 1 analog, now ask me to change my analog to digital, where got time...:angry:

Write in to screw them la.. The last time i did that i got myself $8 per month for a year, and update of the lastest promotion by personal call. Ha ha ha ha..:lovegrin:
But seriously recently the promo suck .. very disappointed. Not like internet can switch to singnet. SCV Switch To Media Corp??:thumbsd: s*ck..

amospi said:
Write in to screw them la.. The last time i did that i got myself $8 per month for a year, and update of the lastest promotion by personal call. Ha ha ha ha..:lovegrin:
But seriously recently the promo suck .. very disappointed. Not like internet can switch to singnet. SCV Switch To Media Corp??:thumbsd: s*ck..

there is another promo from a very long standing competitor wat...

you can always switch OFF.... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
there is another promo from a very long standing competitor wat...

you can always switch OFF.... :bsmilie:

Better check my bills first.. Paid Giro!:sweat: :sweat: Kena cut many time also :dunno: .

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

I also got 2 analog box now and was asked to switched to digital. Can't be bothered unless they give me digital cam hehe.

call them to come down to your house to change free of charge? ;p

Drudkh said:
call them to come down to your house to change free of charge? ;p

Change FOC
Transport $40
:sweat:

Go down to Suntec this Sat to change lor...
SCV - monopoly still want to squeeze us for more money in this new digital set-top scam.:(
Anyway, the trick is die die don't ask the technicians to come to your house, once they ring your doorbell, you would have to pay.
Better you bring, the set-top or remote or anything to them.

Inimatad said:
Go down to Suntec this Sat to change lor...
SCV - monopoly still want to squeeze us for more money in this new digital set-top scam.:(
Anyway, the trick is die die don't ask the technicians to come to your house, once they ring your doorbell, you would have to pay.
Better you bring, the set-top or remote or anything to them.

Better don't change if not making full use.:thumbsd: :lovegrin:

amospi said:
Better don't change if not making full use.

Hi all,

My latest StarHub bill comes with an attachement letter stating that StarHub will be charging an extra $2 ($2.10 w GST) for the analogue set-top box from the month of Sept. 2005. :angry:

The reason stated by them is that due to operational costs of running analogue cable TV services. They are making a "small" change in the fees of analogue set-top boxes. :thumbsd: :sticktong

:cheers:

kktan said:
Hi all,

My latest StarHub bill comes with an attachement letter stating that StarHub will be charging an extra $2 ($2.10 w GST) for the analogue set-top box from the month of Sept. 2005. :angry:

The reason stated by them is that due to operational costs of running analogue cable TV services. They are making a "small" change in the fees of analogue set-top boxes. :thumbsd: :sticktong

:cheers:
tats wat i am talking about in the 1st few post... and imagine the digital cable switch channels takes almost 10 sec... and have intermittent lost..

The last time they billed my mum twice also! Another I was even worse, they claimed they receive a cll frm my household and switch all our service to another add. I was like still watching cable before i went out for dinner but aft dat all my svc were down. So ridiculus:dunno: , how can they "chin chey" switch w/o checking properly. ha ha...anyway my mum called to screw them up and got dat mth's sub. free.

Let me add my experience:

I took up a free 1 mth trial from some agents to install in my Dad;s hse as he retired. All channels opened for 1 mth. After that mth, he decided not to continue so I returned the set. That was the start of a series of debt chasing from starhub. Twice it was settle supposingly and third, i even recieved a lawyer's letter from them demanding payment. Made lots of noise before they realised it was their mistake!

kktan said:
Hi all,

The reason stated by them is that due to operational costs of running analogue cable TV services. They are making a "small" change in the fees of analogue set-top boxes. :thumbsd:

u got it with your bill?

i got a special letter. first page, they talk about their new line up of digital channels and even offer 20% discount for 1st 3 months, then on the 2nd page, $2 for set-top box and additional box becomes $10 :angry: :angry: :angry:

I receive a invitation letter from them to go to Suntec this weekend, for a 'early preview', without further details. Anyone know what that's about?

bLight said:
I receive a invitation letter from them to go to Suntec this weekend, for a 'early preview', without further details. Anyone know what that's about?

They just drop the bait at your doorstep!!:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.