Alamak, how come my photos got hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

May 25, 2004
I cleaned my DSLR like crazy with the brush and still there is hair in my photos. It looks like a bit of carpet hair and I can usually photoshop it out but lately another hair "sprouted" up in my pictures. How to clean please?
:(

If it's still under warranty, send it for cleaning.

Yes they are at the corners. What do they mean? And does anyone know how long it takes Nikon to clean them? I have a shoot on almost each week.

Grub said:
I cleaned my DSLR like crazy with the brush and still there is hair in my photos. It looks like a bit of carpet hair and I can usually photoshop it out but lately another hair "sprouted" up in my pictures. How to clean please?
:(

Grub if u are cleaning with a brush that is not anti static ie a nylon brush when you brush clean u end up charging the ccd glass with a static charge that attracts what ever dust/hairs ect in the mirror chamber.

You should use either anti static brushes, wet system cleaning or the light brushing with a static charged brush.

A bright light source to view the ccd glass and tilting to check does wonders to see where the hair and dirt are. Of course you need to be able to close focus see clearly to do this.

Or send it in for cleaning. Nikon takes about 10 minutes to do it waiting is probably about 1 hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.