Akira- Studio lights? anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

did anybody see today's paper? TT International (Akira brand) is selling a complete of studio lights at introductory offer of $599... There's no other details on it...
but the pic showed 3 lights 3 stands and one softbox....

at $599 seems very reasonable.. i bought my photoflex set for almost 1k .. and that's for just one...

but i wonder if the akira one is a hot light or a flash?

its' on this weekend at Jurong...

has anybody went to see?
i am really curious to find out...

the one on the ads with 3 lighs and 3 stands are all 120watts..

tonski said:
the one on the ads with 3 lighs and 3 stands are all 120watts..

hi,

thanks

so they are just hotlights like my photoflex?
if so, they aren't that bright....
my photoflex uses a 500 or 1000watt bulb... and really hot...

500 already not too bright.. wonder 120watts *3 would be better?

any idea if all 3 comes with softbox? if so, then seems quite worth it

From the picture, it looks like 3 lights, 3 stands, 2 softbox, 1 umbrella, 1 case. Appear to be strobes, 120W hot lights isn't going to be very bright...

Regards
CK

they are flash... but the sales guy said.. there would be 500 watts coming..

eh.. I think there was another topic earlier on already..

the lights are 120W/s, 2 softbox, 1 40" umbrella, 1 snoot, 3 180cm stands and a carrying case for everything

search for the earlier topic =)

ah, ok.. so it is a 120 * 3 strope flash...

then it is not too bad.. considering that the price is almost 1/2 of what i have spent on my photoflex silverdome kit... which is a hot light...

just in case anybody is interested, i have found the 500 watt hot light is just sufficient for close up product shots.... a 1000 watt is just sufficient for a half body portrait with a reflector as a light fill....

mind you, this setup is really hot...

ideally i think i should have 2 kits.. but that too expensive.. anyway, i bought mine close to 2 years ago... and still in great working condition..
but given the choice now, i would rather go for stropes * 2 or *3 as in the akira set...

wondering when is eastgear bringing it in for that $100 less...

:dunno:

Michael Ang said:
ah, ok.. so it is a 120 * 3 strope flash...

then it is not too bad.. considering that the price is almost 1/2 of what i have spent on my photoflex silverdome kit... which is a hot light...

just in case anybody is interested, i have found the 500 watt hot light is just sufficient for close up product shots.... a 1000 watt is just sufficient for a half body portrait with a reflector as a light fill....

mind you, this setup is really hot...

ideally i think i should have 2 kits.. but that too expensive.. anyway, i bought mine close to 2 years ago... and still in great working condition..
but given the choice now, i would rather go for stropes * 2 or *3 as in the akira set...

wondering when is eastgear bringing it in for that $100 less...

:dunno:

read the other thread on this. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=76871
Someone mentioned Jun/July.

Status
Not open for further replies.