Akarui E40D vs DigiCab DB-036 vs Aipo 38EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Lam CK

Jul 2, 2009
Admiralty
glamphotography-ck.blogspot.com
Hi,

May in dilemma over these 3 dry cabi. Will be getting a dry cabinet hopefully by this weekend. The price for e40d (38L) is $150 though i can add $15 for a digital hygrometer instead of a analog, $115 for Digicab (30L) and $180 for Aipo (38L).

My initial preference is go for digicab coz of the price and decent capacity for my 450D with 18-200mm plus 50mm lens and maybe my 1 x pns. However i understand that digicab needs a AAA batt for its digital hygrometer which to me is a big minus factor. Thats why i expanded my option to aipo and akarui. But aipo is abit too ex for me though.

Can some here using either of the 3 models give me your comments on the product? Is it giving you any problems? For DB-036 users, if let say u changed the batt when it runs low, will the RH be re-setted? No right?

Thanks for reading...

Just got my AIPO 38l yesterday at the price of $180, just plug on to a switch and its ready to use.

Hi,

May in dilemma over these 3 dry cabi. Will be getting a dry cabinet hopefully by this weekend. The price for e40d (38L) is $150 though i can add $15 for a digital hygrometer instead of a analog, $115 for Digicab (30L) and $180 for Aipo (38L).

My initial preference is go for digicab coz of the price and decent capacity for my 450D with 18-200mm plus 50mm lens and maybe my 1 x pns. However i understand that digicab needs a AAA batt for its digital hygrometer which to me is a big minus factor. Thats why i expanded my option to aipo and akarui. But aipo is abit too ex for me though.

Can some here using either of the 3 models give me your comments on the product? Is it giving you any problems? For DB-036 users, if let say u changed the batt when it runs low, will the RH be re-setted? No right?

Thanks for reading...

the battery is only for the meter reading. even though the battery gone flat, the humidifier is still running via power supply.

anyway for the 30L model, u can try buy at paris silk. Cost only $108. :)

Thx..but its oni cash and carry. And i stay in woodlands...:(

ok, the nearest branch is

No 7 Transit Road
(Outside Nee Soon Army Camp)
Singapore 778884
Tel: (65) 6452 1593
Fax: (65) 6457 9469

see your fren who got car, tongpang u loh. ;p

if not lugged it home, its not very heavy actually, only looks bulky. Think within 8kg.

However i understand that digicab needs a AAA batt for its digital hygrometer which to me is a big minus factor.

Ayia you go see NTUC sell AAA how much, I sell you 20% off. :p

Thx..but its oni cash and carry. And i stay in woodlands...:(

so i see u decided to get a dry cabinet.

I got the AIPO 38L... been using for abt a month. no problems at all. very happy with it. :)
Free delievery (only Sundays) to doorstep, plus set up for u... the cabinet took abt 1-2hrs to reach the desired RH of 45% after which it's been stable at 45-46%.

think i decided to get the digicabi le..but strangely, i called both outlets and both selling diff prices! Tot they are the same company? The one at holland v selling 106 nett while the one at nee soon camp selling 118!

think i decided to get the digicabi le..but strangely, i called both outlets and both selling diff prices! Tot they are the same company? The one at holland v selling 106 nett while the one at nee soon camp selling 118!

the Digicabi is only 30L correct... maybe u should bring down ur gear to see if 30L is sufficient... 30L to me is a tad too tight. ;)

got the aipo 38EX last wk! damn good service by ms mok

http://www.digihub.com.sg
Click on promotion

Since u have budget of $180, Might as well get the 50L or 60L, give them a call, think they provide free delivery :)

Hi, some of customer did call up me and make up some comment on this MOON LIGHT series. He told me that AIPO is selling in high price compare with Digi Cab and MOON light series is Digital Series.

curiosity, I wend down to Sim Lim and check with a shop, following is my finding to share with you all

Following is my finding
a. Digi Cab Moon Light Series (ML) Cabinet is analog controller
b. The different between AD series and ML series, there just an additional Moon Light tube in the cabinet.
So you have to pay additional SGD 28 for additional light tube in the cabinet.
c. The digital display and the moon light warranty is only cover up to 1 year.
d. Comparing the price digital series between DigiCab and AIPO

Digi Cabi Digital series (60L)
List Price : SGD 360
Selling Price at SGD258
Price per L = $258/60 = $4.3

AIPO Dry Cabinet Digital Series (68L)
Selling/List Price : SGD270 inclusive GST and Delivery
Price per L = $270/68 = $3.97

Status
Not open for further replies.