Akarui E40D dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dateddy

Jul 24, 2013
Tampines
Hi,

I just purchased an Akarui E40D dry cabinet recently, I placed it inside my room where I turned on the air con only in the night, but however, after 1 week of not opening the cabinet and letting it run or fine tune, the RH level seem to be fluctuating from about 38 to 52, can anyone tell me if this is normal?

The RH level will rise up to about 50 to 52 in the evening where the dehumidifier will start to work (the red LED light on) and it will drop to about 43 and stuck there till i wake up in the morning at 40% and then when i off the air con, it will drop till 38% before it will start to rise again at about after to evening time...

Can anyone assist? is there anything wrong the cabinet? or is it the room condition that is causing this problem?

on on the other hand, which bother you most?

can't sleep without air con? or the RH level inside the dry cabinet drop below 40%?

stop turn on the air con at night and everything will go back to normal.

on on the other hand, which bother you most?

can't sleep without air con? or the RH level inside the dry cabinet drop below 40%?

icic thanks so i guess it is the air con problem eh.. shall place the cabinet in the living room then haha thanks...

this is because the air con dry up the air in your room, so the dial in your cabinet show the RH value of the air, there is noting you can do except switch off the air-con.

during the raining season, the RH level inside your dry cabinet may rise to 80%

the fluctuate of RH level is pretty normal, so don't worry to much about it, your camera will not turn into bak kua or pop out some mushrooms if you use it often.

icic thanks so i guess it is the air con problem eh.. shall place the cabinet in the living room then haha thanks...
There is not even any problem. 52% or 38%, both is fine for the camera. Check the manual, somewhere under Environmental / Storage Conditions.

Hi,

I just purchased an Akarui E40D dry cabinet recently, I placed it inside my room where I turned on the air con only in the night, but however, after 1 week of not opening the cabinet and letting it run or fine tune, the RH level seem to be fluctuating from about 38 to 52, can anyone tell me if this is normal?

The RH level will rise up to about 50 to 52 in the evening where the dehumidifier will start to work (the red LED light on) and it will drop to about 43 and stuck there till i wake up in the morning at 40% and then when i off the air con, it will drop till 38% before it will start to rise again at about after to evening time...

Can anyone assist? is there anything wrong the cabinet? or is it the room condition that is causing this problem?

hi, as a newbie, extremely careful hobbyist photography myself.

I was worrying about it as well.. I even switch off and switch on and ensure everything is ok.. But.. as long you keep the dry cabinet "locked up" without opening the door. The RH will remain there.. Aircon will affect it because of the environment air that it has.

Just ensure you switch on without anything in it for at least 48 hours to "calibrate" the RH. if over-worried like me. Buy spare RH meter and put inside to ensure it's the same.

:)

I was worrying about it as well.. I even switch off and switch on and ensure everything is ok.. But.. as long you keep the dry cabinet "locked up" without opening the door. The RH will remain there.. Aircon will affect it because of the environment air that it has.

Just ensure you switch on without anything in it for at least 48 hours to "calibrate" the RH. if over-worried like me. Buy spare RH meter and put inside to ensure it's the same.

there is not necessary to wait till the RH level in dry cabinet stabilise before putting camera and lenses into it, with or without any content in it, it will still reach the preset RH level.

this is because the air con dry up the air in your room, so the dial in your cabinet show the RH value of the air, there is noting you can do except switch off the air-con.

during the raining season, the RH level inside your dry cabinet may rise to 80%

the fluctuate of RH level is pretty normal, so don't worry to much about it, your camera will not turn into bak kua or pop out some mushrooms if you use it often.

ah.. thanks... guess i ll place my cabinet in the living room (currently house under renovation so everything put inside room in a mess haha)

There is not even any problem. 52% or 38%, both is fine for the camera. Check the manual, somewhere under Environmental / Storage Conditions.

icic just worried because some forums or some site states it is no good for RH to hit below 40% some say it is perfectly ok... sometimes it is a little confusing for us newbies to actually learn the correct way.. unless we trial and error? which is crazy.. unless Im some rich dude...

icic haha... alrite thanks... that is realli informative...

there is not necessary to wait till the RH level in dry cabinet stabilise before putting camera and lenses into it, with or without any content in it, it will still reach the preset RH level.

yeap cos i didn wanna risk damaging my camera that i just bought thats why i didn't dare keep my camera inside yet...

ah.. thanks... guess i ll place my cabinet in the living room (currently house under renovation so everything put inside room in a mess haha)

icic just worried because some forums or some site states it is no good for RH to hit below 40% some say it is perfectly ok... sometimes it is a little confusing for us newbies to actually learn the correct way.. unless we trial and error? which is crazy.. unless Im some rich dude...

icic haha... alrite thanks... that is realli informative...

yeap cos i didn wanna risk damaging my camera that i just bought thats why i didn't dare keep my camera inside yet...
don't worry too much, your camera is not make of tofu, it also not like fishes,

it won't rot or get stink in your cabinet.

fyi, if you use camera more often, usually don't have much problem.
but if you hardly use them, it usually fail when most needed.

don't worry too much, your camera is not make of tofu, it also not like fishes,

it won't rot or get stink in your cabinet.

fyi, if you use camera more often, usually don't have much problem.
but if you hardly use them, it usually fail when most needed.

understood as of most of the mechanical stuff also usually have a lot of problems when unused for a long time...

Hi,

Hi, TS, i also encountered the similar issue, the RH level dropped till 35%, which is below the optimum range 40%-55%.
I put the dry cabinet inside my bedroom without aircon.
Did you manage to solve your issue?

Hi, TS, i also encountered the similar issue, the RH level dropped till 35%, which is below the optimum range 40%-55%.
I guess so because after the advice TS didn't came back - and that was 2 years ago.

FYI, TS didn't login ClubSNAP exactly one year, unlikely he will aware about your question.

since you have already have started your own thread.

this thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.