Akarui dry cabinet

speedtest99

May 8, 2004
just bought a 40L akarui dry cabinet, power connected and i turn it on by turning the knob to the right.

but should i turn in all the way to the right, or should i set at low, medium or high? How long should i run for the initial warming up? Heard the staff told me must run for 24hours.

M is good enough.. A dehumifier set too low can damage the plastic parts of your camera. just leave it on for abt few hours w/o opening the door.. you will reach abt 40-45% which is adviseable

M is good enough.. A dehumifier set too low can damage the plastic parts of your camera. just leave it on for abt few hours w/o opening the door.. you will reach abt 40-45% which is adviseable

thanks, i was also told to set at medium after 24hrs, but setting during the first 24hrs, heard must turn to extreme right, which is max low. just want to confirm.

as far as i know, you dont have to.. just let it run normally..

do we have to put silicon gel in dry cabinet?

must we remove the batteries from the camera when camera is inside the dry cabinet?

can we store batteries, memory cards, lens blower, lens pen etc inside the dry cabinet?

Last edited:
do we have to put silicon gel in dry cabinet?

must we remove the batteries from the camera when camera is inside the dry cabinet?

can we store batteries, memory cards, lens blower, lens pen etc inside the dry cabinet?

1) With the dry cabinet, gel isnt required.

2) Nope, not necessary. but the battery should be removed if you planned to leave them inside your camera, maybe like over 6 months.

3) All except the blower, I am sure placing them inside is fine. But the blower itself is usually rubber in material, in the long run, no idea would it be healthy for it.

Is it advisable to store external flash in the dry cabinet?

As well as silica gel? the dry cabinet would dry it up, to be reusable. correct?

more important is to keep your lens and camera body in the dry cabinet, anything that has "glass"

As well as silica gel? the dry cabinet would dry it up, to be reusable. correct?

External flash, no problem.

Interesting idea to place silica gel inside the dry cabinet, but no, I dont really think it work. But if it does, I wonder the duration it has to be inside the cabinet to make it reusable again.

Someone has an entry of the dos and don'ts of dry cabinet in this forum somewhere. You should check that out to have a better idea. Of course his advise is a very theoretical though..

Okay... I got my Akarui dry cabinet... Set the dail all the way to "L" but my reading is somewhere in the 60%... that is not normal. I also lost my manual... can anyone be kind enough to advise me on the L, M and H range?

Thanks.

I got a 172L Akarui a couple of weeks back I recalibrated all the analogue hygrometers using salt test. Found the meters to be around 5-8 over actual.

Top section of the dry cab running stable around 45-50% RH. My setting is slightly below M setting. Bottom larger section of the dry cab running stable around 40-45% RH, setting at slightly above M setting.

Okay... I got my Akarui dry cabinet... Set the dail all the way to "L" but my reading is somewhere in the 60%... that is not normal. I also lost my manual... can anyone be kind enough to advise me on the L, M and H range?

Thanks.

on L setting, RH should drop all the way down to 30-35%.

Either your meter is not working, or the dehumidifier not working.