Akarui Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

undergrd

Jun 16, 2007
North-East
Hi Ppl,

I just received an Akarui Dry cabinet as a gift yday from my wife but found out that the dry cabinet does not come with an instruction manual.

Would like to ask those who owns an Akarui Dry Cabinet, when you turn the dial and the red light comes on, what is the red light refers to and will it switch off automatically?

Thanks Ppl...

i purchased an akarui this week and have been baffled by the controls...the knob says "L-M-H" and then there are some other markings and then an "OFF" switch...i set the knob to "M" but the humidty kept falling and ultimately went down to 30%!!...i increase the knob more towards H and now the knob is on "H" marking but still the humidity is 40%....

i purchased an akarui this week and have been baffled by the controls...the knob says "L-M-H" and then there are some other markings and then an "OFF" switch...i set the knob to "M" but the humidty kept falling and ultimately went down to 30%!!...i increase the knob more towards H and now the knob is on "H" marking but still the humidity is 40%....

Ya, I was wondering what does the "L-M-H" means. Is it mean low RH, medium RH or High RH. Kind of confusing with a manual.

Yes, L-M-H means precisely the same, however they mention M is 40% and L/H is 10% lower /higher.

i also do not understand the dial, while the knowb turns the full 360 degrees - with off onone end and on on the other....L-M-H marks are only on the half of the circle. Rest of the circle does not have any detail.

Does anyone has any experience of setting the dial in the 26D model.

Ya, I was wondering what does the "L-M-H" means. Is it mean low RH, medium RH or High RH. Kind of confusing with a manual.

Set to a certain mark, close the door, wait and watch. If the result is too low just briefly open the door (let humid air go in), change the dial, wait and watch the meter. Very simple approach and very basics of any structured experiment. Keep in mind that RH changes slowly and RH meters in the door will be affected by room humidity when opening the door.
Finally you want to achieve target RH, regardless what the marking says, right?

Set to a certain mark, close the door, wait and watch. If the result is too low just briefly open the door (let humid air go in), change the dial, wait and watch the meter. Very simple approach and very basics of any structured experiment. Keep in mind that RH changes slowly and RH meters in the door will be affected by room humidity when opening the door.

This morning I set the dial to M and after coming back from work, the RH reading was somewhere slightly lower than 40%. So I am currently adjusting it to above 40% and understanding the dial.

Thanks Octarine, I got what you mean... Will continue the monitoring process till I reach my target. :)

the RH keeps falling, even below 30% regardless of the knob...can u check, ie if u own an akarui, which place your knob is?

Initially when i bot mine, RH is always less than 40% no matter how i turn the knob, so i brought it back to CP, change unit once and still the same thing happens, then send the unit in for CP to send to Distributor. Finally they changed the board inside and works fine till now. Been a yr oridi.

Hope this helps in anyway.

the RH keeps falling, even below 30% regardless of the knob...can u check, ie if u own an akarui, which place your knob is?

Im using an Akarui 50L, last nite b4 i went to bed, I set the dial to the position pointing in between M and H (Somewhere pointing at 9 oclock). This morning woke up and the RH reading is ard 41% which I think its ok... +/- abit.

I just bought mine recently too. When set to M, the dehumidifier will start to work once RH hits >50% and turns off when it hits less than 35%.

A few days ago, I turned it 4-5 degree towards H. Now when I observe, it is always between the range 38% - 52%. Most of the time is seen at 48%RH. I am now happy.

Just to check whether we need to off the power after the RH reach to the target reading (40%-45%)?

I had off the power few days w/o open the door & the RH still maintain 43%..;)

Just to check whether we need to off the power after the RH reach to the target reading (40%-45%)?

I had off the power few days w/o open the door & the RH still maintain 43%..;)

There's no need to turn OFF power. It's suppose to be automatic.

I means remove the main power sourse (3-pin plug)..:D
Not turn off the internal control panel..

You are suppose to plug in the dry cabinet, set the humidity and enjoy your photography.

There's no necessity to turn OFF or pull out the 13A plug.

Im using an Akarui 50L, last nite b4 i went to bed, I set the dial to the position pointing in between M and H (Somewhere pointing at 9 oclock). This morning woke up and the RH reading is ard 41% which I think its ok... +/- abit.

Bro did you just buy your dry cabi?

How much and where? Intereted in getting one.

Cheers!

Bought it two wks ago from Cathey Photo Marina Sq for $227, non-digital type...:)

The digital or no digital type has no effect on the performance of the dry cabi right? Probably just look nice kinda thing?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.