Akarui Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertstrike

Sep 29, 2008
CCK
hi guys, anybody using this brand?
i find that, no matter i set to high medium or low, it hover around 30-40
is this normal? or i need to go exchange?
and when i bought this from harvey norman, there is no warranty card, only receipt...
can i send for warranty with just receipt?

It's normal. U have to wait abt 4 days for the humidity to stabilise. My setting is 50 (control panel point to slightly after 'H')

Is it properly plug in to the power in the first place? It would normally take about 1-2 days to calibrate the dry cabinet. No fixed rules, depends on your room condition etc. There should be a light somewhere to indicate the power supply?

Try leaving it open for 1/2 hr, then it should shoot up to about 70-80? If still never move and power confirm its on, then got to give Harvey a call. Cheers! :dunno:

to kerasto: wah, 4 days ar

to smalltake: hmm... ok, this is my procedure... i plug in the plug that time, door closed, reading at 70-80
then i set to hi... after 1-2 hour, it drop to 30... then i set to medium, it still 30... wonder why it is always at this 30, i think 30 is too dry for dslr rite? i dun dare to put in... but after i open the door, the readng within a few min rise to 70-80 again...

maybe i need to do more test on it to see exactly what is the reading...
so u using this dry cabinet also?

Dry cab as long as it is plug in and powered, its humidity will not rise back up easily after u adjust the setting, u need to just open it for a while and let the air equalise with your room then close it and the humidity should now drop down to the lever u just set.

to smalltake: hmm... ok, this is my procedure... i plug in the plug that time, door closed, reading at 70-80
then i set to hi... after 1-2 hour, it drop to 30... then i set to medium, it still 30... wonder why it is always at this 30, i think 30 is too dry for dslr rite? i dun dare to put in... but after i open the door, the readng within a few min rise to 70-80 again...

I suggest this: Open the door, let it shoot up to 70-80. Set to Low and close door. See whats the reading, then slowly adjust it up. I think u put high too fast liao, thats why shoot to 30. Furthermore, you have nothing inside the cabinit. I would also presume your room is quite dry, you have air con on the whole day in your room/office?

Your cabinet looks fine, relax, should not be a problem. I using Digi, all brands is quite similar. Cheers!

Mine is Akarui 40D. 30 is too dry for dslr. every time u open the door, moisture will comes in and the humidity will tends to rise (will lower down after awhile). Don't leave the door open for too long as it will takes a longer time for the humidity to stabilise. I had the same experience as you when I first bought my dry cabinet and it is quite irritating. Refrain from adjusting the control panel frequently and try to stick to one reading for abt 2-4 days before you get you desired reading. My friend says that he fix the control panel to 'M' for the 50 reading but his cabinet is smaller than mine. As for me I fix my control panel to slightly after 'H'.:think:

thanks for the info guys
i notice something....
after some time... the light will go off...
is it because the humudity level is reach, so it cut off electrity to save power?

thanks for the info guys
i notice something....
is it because the humudity level is reach, so it cut off electrity to save power?

Read the manual lah bro......... later they say "Green light off - please send for servicing" !! hahhaha........ :bsmilie:

Read the manual lah bro......... later they say "Green light off - please send for servicing" !! hahhaha........ :bsmilie:

It is not there lah... :sticktong

thanks for the info guys
i notice something....

Hi I'm using Akarui dry cabi too. I think the light goes off whenever the humidity level you have set is reached, because if you turn the knob towards a lower humidity level, the light comes back on which means the dehumidifier powers on again.

For me, my knob is set very close to 'H' and I get a 40%-45% humidity level, so you may have to make bigger adjustments.

Hi I'm using Akarui dry cabi too. I think the light goes off whenever the humidity level you have set is reached, because if you turn the knob towards a lower humidity level, the light comes back on which means the dehumidifier powers on again.

For me, my knob is set very close to 'H' and I get a 40%-45% humidity level, so you may have to make bigger adjustments.

hmm... i observe that as well... i believe

L - 30-35?
M - 35-45?
H - 45-55?

slight variation from what is written in the manual

hmm... i observe that as well... i believe

L - 30-35?
M - 35-45?
H - 45-55?

slight variation from what is written in the manual
yah i think that's the correct range. but the manual also says that the reading on the humidity meter has a precision of +/- 6%, so it may be that the meter shows 35% but the actual humidity level in the dry cabi is around 40%...

Stay towards the high side. If its still too much, you can go even higher than high. Theres this part with the perforated blue lines. its still on there.

okie guys, thanks for all the info everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.