Akarui dry cabinet owners, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumma

Jan 5, 2005
Oulu, Finland, Finland
www.wongliji.com
hi all

i just bought this dry cabinet from CP. my settings are in between M to H. but my hydrometer is reading below 40%. something is wrong?

what are ur settings?

regards

Hi,
Got one myself. Maybe you'll like to let the humidity settle down after a few days to check again? I put mine between M and H and did minor adjustments the next few days to get my desired 45% which has been that since then.
My ideal dry cabi as it is the only one I know back then which does not have magnetic strip on its door.

Michael

hi dude,

so u set urs in between M and H? what minor adjustments did u do if u dun mind sharing?
mine keeps fluctuating below 40% and i've been trying to get it to 45 to 55% for the past of yesterday til now. no luck at all.

btw, what's the capacity of ur cabinet?

I did not really do anything except that when it drops below 40%, I reduce my settings towards M. I think if you put it nearer to H, it will get your dry cabi very dry. Try turning the knob bit by bit to get the desired humidity. I am sure you will get it soon.

i thought turning the knob to H would means that u want ur RH% nearer to 100% and turning to M would be that u want the M nearer to 0%? as in if let's say i want if i'm at 35%(somewhere in between M and H setting) now and i want the RH% to be 50%, do i turn the knob towards M or H?

thanks for being so helpful dude.

drumma,

I've set mine at about 30% level (nearer to L, less than M) and my cabinet is able to maintain the humidity between 40% to 50%. (mine is a 60 L version)

Do let the dry cabinet to settle for at least 24 hours. (leave it at M temporarily)

mine is a 50L one. urs is using the analog meter as well?
i didn't know it's so troublesome trying to get the humidity right...

thanks for the quick reply!

Got mine a few years back too. Mine is the 60 L version and turning the knob between M and H gets me the stabilised reading of 40-50% humidity level. But what does the manual says? I will need to check mine tonight to get back to you on whether H means more humidity or less humidity. Sorry as it has been some time since I touched the knob....

From what you have mentioned, I think turning to H will get the dry cabi to work harder and get rid of the humidity inside. That's why on turning to H, you'll get 30%. If you read your manual, I think it mentioned setting the desired humidity first, without putting anything inside. Only when it stabilises, then you put in your gear.
Yes, I leave it on 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. It is meant to operate that way. Switching it on and off is not advisable and energy consumption is low (much lower than your hi-fi system, amplifiers etc).

yup. my cabinet is stilll now empty because i still can't get the desired humidity! it keeps falling to about 30 to 35%!
but according to the manual, turning to H increases the RH%. that's why i turned it to H because i want it to increase from 30-35% to at least 45%. but it doesn't work. turning to L doesn't work either. i'm at a loss of how to use this box..

when i first bought it, i set it to M. then it went below 40% overnight. turned to H. results were still the same.

Hmmm...if either way yields the same results, then maybe you may like to change your set. I think it is unlikely the analog hygrometer is faulty (maybe a bit off sometimes), so for an ease of mind, you may have to take the trouble to bring it down for an exchange. Call CP before going down just to ensure they have a ready set and your trip is not wasted. They have great service and I am sure they would have no problems giving you an exchange.

alrights.. so it's the dehumidifier problem?
the weird thing bout it is that when it is at M, the red light wasn't on when the hydrometer was showing about 35%..

drumma said:
anyone? i even pushed the knob to H. still below 40%.. :(

H is for higher humidity condition, this will lower your RH. In your case it could mean your meter could be jammed at 40% i.e. that could be why its always below 40%. Try tapping lightly on the meter the next time.

drumma said:
hey, tapping does help! wait, i'm confused. if let's say i'm at 30% RH, should i turn the knob towards H instead of L?

L, i.e 30% to say 45% then from H towards L.

Status
Not open for further replies.