Akarui Digi Dry Cabinet Power Cut Off

baggiolee

Dec 7, 2006
www.facebook.com
it will auto cut off the power once the RH value is reached? cuz the power light is off.

i set it to mid...the power cut off once it reached RH 35. but if i open the door and the RH increased, the power resumes until it reaches 35. not normal meh?

I guess its normal.. I have an aipo one which is digitally controlled.. it'll cut off once desired rh is met.. is yours digitally controlled as well??

i set it to mid...the power cut off once it reached RH 35. but if i open the door and the RH increased, the power resumes until it reaches 35. not normal meh?

eh, i tot better RH for cam is around 45-55?

do you think humidity at 35% is bit low for camera and lenses?

hmmm...i never ajust the default settings which is set at Mid (low, mid, high). so i should set at a higher humidity of 45% and above? because i at 1st thought the lower the better.

hmmm...i never ajust the default settings which is set at Mid (low, mid, high). so i should set at a higher humidity of 45% and above? because i at 1st thought the lower the better.

set it to around 45-55% like luckyorange had said. 35% is gonna damage ur camera in certain areas, like drying up of the rubber parts of the camera and also cause the grease on the interior moving parts to dry up quicker.

humidity level too low is fine with the glass, but lubricant may dry up, rubber may harden or crack.

keep it around 45%.

humidity level too low is fine with the glass, but lubricant may dry up, rubber may harden or crack.

keep it around 45%.

For myself I always set it to low. Should I change it to Mid or High?
As i ask 1 of the harvey norman staff, they said set it to low will do.
FYI, mine is analog type.

For myself I always set it to low. Should I change it to Mid or High?
As i ask 1 of the harvey norman staff, they said set it to low will do.
FYI, mine is analog type.
I do not know how the dial setting of your dry cabinet like, perhaps you turn it slightly higher, and let it settle in a day or two and check the humidity level, fine tune again if too high or low.

hmmm.. i thought analog ones have their power on throughout?
unlike digitally controlled ones which have a feedback loop..

not sure about those digitally controlled ones. but the red light will turn off indicating the optimal pre set level has been reached, therefore saving electricity, with the main switch on.

papajanggo33 said:
not sure about those digitally controlled ones. but the red light will turn off indicating the optimal pre set level has been reached, therefore saving electricity, with the main switch on.

I'd always thought that only the digitally controlled ones had a feedback loop..

I just bought a 38L last week and had been trying to calibrate it by fine tuning the control. But the RH always hang around 30% even on H, M or L settings...
Not sure is the analog reader not accurate or the unit faulty.

Yet to call CP on the matter. :(

Please don't set your RH too low. I think 35% is abit low, but shouldn't be too much of a problem 45-55% is the best RH though. When you set your RH too low, it will damage the rubber in your lens and cam body.

As to the power cut off, it is okay. Because there simply is no use for the power to keep running until the RH had risen beyond certain level and pass the set value... it work pretty much like a thermostat, when the temperature had reach the preset level, power will be cut off. When temperature drop or raise beyond that level, power would resume.