Akarui Digi Cabinet gone case within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkoge

Oct 5, 2008
Tampines
Bought a Dry cab from courts.. akarui e26d..

but after less than a week.. the lights dies off.. turned the dial to lowest humidity, but then no light comes on..now a bit dun dare put inside now also.. now have to put my camera inside a tupperware with silica gel.. i heard some eople say my dry cab too near tv.. not good. =/

anyone has this problem?
anyways. my dry cab is on 24 hrs everyday.

Dry cab is on 24hrs/day, 365 days a year except on leap years 366 days. Is it still under warranty?

What's the humidity meter saying?

can a company produce a product where every single unit is going to be perfect?

no. change it, and try it again. if it dies too, move the location. not sure why the tv might affect. could be heat.

thanks guys. i moved the cabinet to another location. it doesnt work.. i think time to send it for servicing.. outram road. it's almost spanking new lor. less than a week. i bought dehumidifiers for temporary measures.

opened 2 up.. took only 30 mins to dip down to 40%RH from 70%RH.

Last edited:
yipe, to think i was going to buy one next week! :bsmilie:

but, yea, i agree with night86mare that you may have just got a lemon

anyway, please keep us posted after you serviced yours! :)

lol.yar daedalus.. maybe i was too lucky.. should go buy 4D soon. anyway.. courts megastore having their sale on the E26D... should check it out..

thanks guys. i moved the cabinet to another location. it doesnt work.. i think time to send it for servicing.. outram road. it's almost spanking new lor. less than a week. i bought dehumidifiers for temporary measures.

opened 2 up.. took only 30 mins to dip down to 40%RH from 70%RH.

Why dont you just stick to this setup?
:)

It has worked perfectly for me for the past 9 months and thus far, i have only gone through 1xthirsty Hippo with RH% consistently hovering at 40%.

No chance of getting a lemon this way. :D

Hi, good morning. I am now using a secondhand Akarui E26 with the analouge metre n it works fine. Since u buy brand new from courts, it should comes with a 5 yrs warrenty n u can just dismentle the knob section n send to Outram Rd for free repair. Btw, u should try to make some adjustment to see if it works. The led light do not always light up. Once the humid level is right, it will go off. Try opening the door for afew mins n than close it again to see if the led light will light up. Remember to on the power. :)

It has worked perfectly for me for the past 9 months and thus far, i have only gone through 1xthirsty Hippo with RH% consistently hovering at 40%.

sorry for asking noob question.. what u all mean by lemons?

sorry for asking noob question.. what u all mean by lemons?

lem·on Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lem-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun

1. the yellowish, acid fruit of a subtropical citrus tree, Citrus limon.
2. the tree itself.
3. lemon yellow.
4. Informal. a person or thing that proves to be defective, imperfect, or unsatisfactory; dud: His car turned out to be a lemon.

–adjective
5. made of or with lemon.
6. having the color, taste, or odor of lemon.

**extract from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lemon**

In the thread, lemon mentioned is refering to item #4

it's almost spanking new lor. less than a week.

I had a cabinet dead on the first hour. When 100s are manufactured, there can be one or two defective products. Sad facts of life, get on with it.

lem·on Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lem-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun

1. the yellowish, acid fruit of a subtropical citrus tree, Citrus limon.
2. the tree itself.
3. lemon yellow.
4. Informal. a person or thing that proves to be defective, imperfect, or unsatisfactory; dud: His car turned out to be a lemon.

–adjective
5. made of or with lemon.
6. having the color, taste, or odor of lemon.

**extract from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lemon**

In the thread, lemon mentioned is refering to item #4

thanks to sherchoo for the very comprehensive explaination.. lol.

i saw from supermarket, there's two types of thirsty hippo.. one is the ABSORBER the other's the DEHUMIDIFIER, and i was like thinking. 'siao liao.. dehumidifier no stock... all absorber.. absorb until my cam body gone case, jialat..'

in the end i bought the 3+1 kiwi fresh dehumidifier.. my camera now got perfume smell.

haha!! thats the one i'm using too... 3 months 1 pak... not bad ROI

Is there a difference between Absorber and Dehumidifier?
I recently bought a DSLR, wondering if just storing it into a tupperware with one of those thirsty hippo things would suffice.

Yes, but you constantly have to replace your thirsty hippo; a dry cabinet has very low consumption, in comparison. Your electricity bills incurred by the cabinet might not even amount to the cost of replenishing the thirsty hippo every month.

I'm doubtful the the 'absorber' and 'dehumidifier' are different. They pretty much work the same, so I wouldn't be to worried. There are other brands that functions the same. Dun have to be limited to Thirsty Hippo.

i'am using the same brand of dry cab. not sure the model bought 9 months ago and place beside my 34" tv and still working good. i don't think the tv is the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.