Aiya, camera doesn't fit in bag!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Decided on the mid-sized Crumpler 15Love bag.. asked the lady at CP she said it can take a D70.. so bought it and tested back home.. the camera is too big, even when taking out the lens hood, if I put the camera in lens-down I can't even touch the inner velcro lips together! ;(

Think I can go back to CP and change the bag?? I already accidently pulled out the Crumpler cardboard tag, but that one small matter.. anyone know CP's return/exchange policy?? Not m fault right, since the woman said it can fit the D70? :dunno:

If you'd like, I can show you how I can fit the D100 + 24-120 + SB-80DX + 50mm inside a Crumpler 15 Love.

It can fit the D70 + 18-70DX.

You should have brought your gears to fit and try instead of just asking. I'm pretty sure it can fit, just that it won't fit the way you want it to.

Err, that would be great.. never owned a camera bag or SLR before, don't you put the camera (with lens) into the bag with the lens facing down and the LCD up? Maybe provide some pics? Thanks!

Didn't bring camera down because I didn't have a bag to put it in :confused: :bsmilie:

Re-arrange the inserts, the D70 can be straight slot in, the lens can go hood down into one of the compartments and the flash can go in another and still have space for additional stuffs.

Already sold my 15 Love. Am darn sure it can fit the D70 kit.

Oh, you mean with the lens disconnected from the camera? I was thinking more along the lines of putting the camera with the lens attached lens-down into the bag.. no matter how I arrange, I will not be able to close the inner velcro lips

i do know for a fact that the D70 kit can fit in the 15Love, even with space for a SB28 or similar sized flash! I have seen it done before... just all depends on your packing skill. (lens attached to camera, lens hood reversed)

uhh, maybe i'm too unimaginative, or simply have bad packing skills, but I've tried removing all the inserts and putting the camera every which angle, and I still can't close the inner velcro lips snugly. With the inserts in, even when try to stick them as deep as I can, there's still about an inch of space (maybe less) between the lens and the bottom of the bag, which meant the camera body is sticking too far up - can't close :dunno: Is putting the camera lens down the correct orientation? :D

Gymrat76 said:
uhh, maybe i'm too unimaginative, or simply have bad packing skills, but I've tried removing all the inserts and putting the camera every which angle, and I still can't close the inner velcro lips snugly. With the inserts in, even when try to stick them as deep as I can, there's still about an inch of space (maybe less) between the lens and the bottom of the bag, which meant the camera body is sticking too far up - can't close :dunno: Is putting the camera lens down the correct orientation? :D
i think the best way is to: KEEP TRYING! good luck, if you cannot fit it in, get someone else to do it, just don't let the camera be put in an unsafe position, dun wanna let it drop on the ground while walking around... good luck!

espn said:
Re-arrange the inserts, the D70 can be straight slot in, the lens can go hood down into one of the compartments and the flash can go in another and still have space for additional stuffs.

Already sold my 15 Love. Am darn sure it can fit the D70 kit.

That's true. You need to rearrange your compartments, use your imaginary/creativity ;)

I am using 15 love, and it can fit in my d70 + Kits lens attached, a 50mm, a xDriveII, and some time for convinience I also dump my wallet and handphone inside. :bsmilie: And, all that without using the "hidden camber of secret" (you do know it exist right? :bsmilie: )
I might have problem when I add a 70-300, but then, maybe I can even fit that in... :D

Heh, so far the only solution that allows me to put the camera in and still be able to close the velcro lips is to put the camera lying on its side, with the lens facing left to right, instead of downwards. I put some padding on the bottom so that the lens is cushioned (not lying at at angle against the bottom of the bag). That done, I have a small space on the side to slot in my lens hood -everything else goes into the "hidden chamber of secrets" :bsmilie:

Am still amazed how you can squeeze D70 with lens, plus flash and maybe another lens :dunno:

Maybe have to peep into peoples bag when I meet up with them next Sat for the newbie course :bsmilie: Good thing I don't have another lens nor flash, so no need to worry about the space for now :bsmilie:

See? you did it! :)

Gymrat76 said:
I put some padding on the bottom so that the lens is cushioned (not lying at at angle against the bottom of the bag).

Exactly what I did... :))

Buy a smaller camera loh..
solves the problem liao...
noneed worry about future lens also..

AReality said:
Buy a smaller camera loh..
solves the problem liao...
noneed worry about future lens also..

Alamak...dun be sarcastic lah... :p :)

Camera bags are wonderful things...somewhat like Doraemon's pocket...when you think it can't fit in anymore, just rearrange a bit--volia!

I believe 15love should be big enough for ur D70

FYI I own Crumpler Talee (one size smaller than 15love). It can fit EOS30, 50mm, 2 Tele Lens, 1 Flash, 1 Canon G3, few CF card.

Ya lor, Areality, no need for sarcasm :nono: Just wondering how ppl fit their cameras in mah :)

Anyway, the Crumpler bags look nice, and like someone said before, it doens't scream expensive camera inside.. quite important for when I bring it back to Malaysis during holidays ;p

Thanks for the input, saved me a trip down to CP (althought I might still go, might need to buy another lens pen..)

pureflow said:
I dunno how you can use such bags.. can hardly fit anything in for my case. even with the biggest bag..

Haha, if all else fails, I'll lug the camera around in my 80L rucksack
:bsmilie:

It is amazing what people worry about these days. Hot weather and cramped bags.

Well, we can't discuss politics and sensitive issues in the kopitiam, so what else do you expect people to discuss here? (Man, it IS really hot today!) Personally, I don't agree with that ban. (Will my statement be construed as a political statement and deleted?)

Anyway, that's OTing... aiyah, gymrat76 is just happy that he got his new camera and trying to take care of it and his equipment. Nothing wrong with that. Certainly doesn't mean that he and the rest involved in this discussion have no concrete worries/concerns.

Minoxman said:

actually any old backpack will do. for cushioning just throw in some blanket. low cost, no "steal-me", can hide a long lens inside also, also can put stuff like water bottle, sandwich, spare clothign.. cost effective practicalminded solution :thumbsup: ;)

Minoxman said:
:think: must be my air con...
All the hot air outside...
no wonder U all feel so hot..

Status
Not open for further replies.