Airport security discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
In recent years, travel and esp to USA has been a bother with all the security check. Thanks to the latest incident : http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/World/Story/A1Story20091227-188168.html

We have moved backwards and it will be more difficult to travel again...

Good thing I do not have a trip to USA soon. It has always been an extra hassle to go there.

Now Changi has implemented pat-downs in addition to the x-rays, and other measures. Look out for more measures on carry on luggage in the next few days.

In recent years, travel and esp to USA has been a bother with all the security check. Thanks to the latest incident : http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/World/Story/A1Story20091227-188168.html

We have moved backwards and it will be more difficult to travel again...

Good thing I do not have a trip to USA soon. It has always been an extra hassle to go there.

Now Changi has implemented pat-downs in addition to the x-rays, and other measures. Look out for more measures on carry on luggage in the next few days.

What else can we do?

I had always taken a tolerance and peaceful coexistence stand to the problem. However, every day and every such attacks and/or attempted attacks, are changing my mind. I started changing my mind about 9 years ago.

Please don't apologize for the antagonists. Many of us just wanted to life in peaceful coexistence, however, when push come to shove, something has to be done. And that does not means my home should be bombed, threatened, or we should live in fear. It is better off that they go rather than I.

Sad to say this, the attacks are merely solidifying the stand of the right wings, and converting the rest to a much more militant stand.

Back to Changi, add another 30 minutes to my flight, no big deal.

On a brighter note, it shows ingenuity of the humankind - humankind always seemed to be able to come out with ingenuous ideas if sufficiently motivated. Maybe there is hope when it comes to climate change...

... but then again, humankind always have a tendency to self-destruct :cry:

Apart from almost all US airports, other airports which will make you wait and search you quite extensively, there are a few more, so take note when travelling, to give yourself more time:

- Heathrow
- CDG - actually they just don't like foreigners and are pretty slow with their inspection.
- of the US airports, LAX and NYC are quite inefficient.

- SFO is slightly better to land in.

On a seperate note, Lin ChiLing lost her stuff in KLIA - if possible don't check in anything there.

The US airport are not much better, your lock gets thrown away.

Under new rules, passengers on U.S.-bound flights will be limited to one piece of carry-on luggage and must remain seated during the final hour of the flight.

source

Anybody having a first hand experience on the new rules? Can I bring one camera bag and one laptop bag?

source

Anybody having a first hand experience on the new rules? Can I bring one camera bag and one laptop bag?

Everything is evolving currently.

The Americans are a testy lot. With the current edgy mood, I won't want to try and test their patience. May I suggest you play by their rules to avoid a difficult time.

Cheers

Last edited:
The US airport are not much better, your lock gets thrown away.

In the US, you need to have TSA approved locks or else they will manually them in order to search your bag.

In the US, you need to have TSA approved locks or else they will manually them in order to search your bag.
TSA?
They just open and throw the lock away!

I have lost so many TSA - locks it is not funny anymore.

At the rate of the security is going, one day all passengers with Muslim names will not be allowed to board. Farking terrorist...

how about those luggage with TSA locks integrated? Are they safe for US custom?
Those are the ones I use.

If you are 'lucky' and they chose yours to inspect, they just toss your lock.

If not it just passes through.

Those are the ones I use.

If you are 'lucky' and they chose yours to inspect, they just toss your lock.

If not it just passes through.

My luggage is those TSA locks with single keyhole (no combination locks), so they can use the TSA keys to open it and lock it back again, how they can toss the locks? Don't scare me leh!! :sweat:

At the rate of the security is going, one day all passengers with Muslim names will not be allowed to board. Farking terrorist...

won't be surprise soon there will be a total liquid BAN or in the future everyone will be lock in a cell onboard the plane :bsmilie:

My luggage is those TSA locks with single keyhole (no combination locks), so they can use the TSA keys to open it and lock it back again, how they can toss the locks? Don't scare me leh!! :sweat:

Everytime, and I mean everytime I go to USA, which will be at least once a year, they toss my locks.

Everytime, and I mean everytime I go to USA, which will be at least once a year, they toss my locks.

u mean they plied open your luggage without using the key to the TSA lock? I'm really confuse now at what you meant by 'toss' the lock. My TSA lock is not those separate TSA padlocks but those that is part of the luggage and i don't think can throw away my lock unless they gonna throw away my luggage. sorry if i also confuse u :embrass:

u mean they plied open your luggage without using the key to the TSA lock? I'm really confuse now at what you meant by 'toss' the lock. My TSA lock is not those separate TSA padlocks but those that is part of the luggage and i don't think can throw away my lock unless they gonna throw away my luggage. sorry if i also confuse u :embrass:

This is the TSA lock:
SearchAlertColors.jpg

They open it with their key and THROW my lock away.

This is the TSA lock:
SearchAlertColors.jpg

They open it with their key and THROW my lock away.

i understand now :)

Think you better change your luggage to the new TSA type where it either comes with key type or combination type integrated to your luggage..no padlocks to be toss away next time.

travelling overseas used to be a pleasure thing, but since these attacks and tight security it had become a pain for me.

boarding time is longer and more troublesome.

air travel will never be the same again

travelling overseas used to be a pleasure thing, but since these attacks and tight security it had become a pain for me.

boarding time is longer and more troublesome.

air travel will never be the same again

and airport and fuel tax ..security tax...terrorist tax...omg...soon 1/2 of the airfares is these taxes :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.