Airbus at the Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo

Jun 10, 2005
Serangoon Ave. 4
www.pbase.com
Like most people in Singapore I was at the Airshow this morning. But for anyone who wasn't here's a few pics of the A380 flying around a bit.

http://www.pbase.com/timotheus/airbus_a380

The flying pics have been converted to b/w - that harsh light we get under cloud here makes a mess of any colour.

But that plane's pretty majestic when you see it in action - because of its size it seems to move so s-l-o-w-l-y, and doesn't make much noise ...

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing those nice photos. Pity about the weather (it's been pretty dull in the past two days) though.

I thought about going over to the show, but the kids and wife felt pretty tired after a whole day outting on Sat. Always thought about shooting an airshow, but never really made a trip over :(

WOW Rolls Royce engine! :D Very impressive aircraft... it boasts an aura like the K10D/K20D ;p Anyway thats some beautiful angles! especially IMGP1701r2.jpg, damn look like a monster!

WOW Rolls Royce engine! :D Very impressive aircraft... it boasts an aura like the K10D/K20D ;p Anyway thats some beautiful angles! especially IMGP1701r2.jpg, damn look like a monster!

Thx ilario - yep it's a monstrous great thing. Thanks for comments.

Frank - if you do go next year go in the morning early. It's getting crowded by 9.30. When I left after the flying display was over at around 2.30, there were thousands of people still queuing to get in. All they will have found is the static display stuff on the ground. OK but not so interesting. And on the public days most of the displays of dangerous stuff in the exhibition hall seemed have been stripped down, and there were just a few people manning the stands for appearance's sake.

The longest lens I had was the 50-200 - not long enough really. And I hadn't really mastered the technique of shooting fast-flying aircraft - a bit like birds!

Cheers all

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.