AirAsia Flight Missing!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30614627

Asked for an unusual deviation from normal flight pattern then disappears?? WTF??? Is the weather crazy over there or something?

Hope no CS folks or relatives are on board that plane...

Edit...just read that Singapore has activated Air Force to assist in search...

Last edited:
according to reports, there's 1 singaporean.

the majority (abt 149) are indonesians.

the rest (including the singaporean) make up less than 10 ppl..

Last edited:
The bulk of those on board were Indonesian, with three Koreans, one Singaporean, one Briton and one Malaysian, according to a Reuters report.

News is now all over every major news agencies...

I am deeply ashamed of some commentary on American news sites regarding this event...some folks have no heart or soul or compassion for mankind, Asian or otherwise, at all. Thanks for the link Albert...

Hoping/praying for the best...

on a separate note:

those CSers who like to post anti-govt BS/conspiracy BS/insensitive remarks just so that you can get your rocks off others' misery... there are other websites that allow you to indulge in your dark pleasures. just don't do it here... not this thread... especially not today.

remember there are 162 missing persons. their suffering is not an excuse for you to get your jollies.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30614627
Asked for an unusual deviation from normal flight pattern then disappears?? WTF??? Is the weather crazy over there or something?
Sometimes it is. Have a look at the Adam Air flight 574 that went down at New Year's Day 2007. It gives a good impression about the possible problems.
Air France flight 447 is another example of what weather can cause or contribute to.

The bulk of those on board were Indonesian, with three Koreans, one Singaporean, one Briton and one Malaysian, according to a Reuters report.

The airline has released the nationalities of passengers and crew on board: 1 Singaporean, 1 Malaysian, 1 French, 3 South Koreans and 156 Indonesians.

Sometimes it is. Have a look at the Adam Air flight 574 that went down at New Year's Day 2007. It gives a good impression about the possible problems.
Air France flight 447 is another example of what weather can cause or contribute to.

It is monsoon season there now right? Please forgive my limited knowledge... I am reading stuff that folks on other planes in that area reported cloud cover but not necessarily extreme weather...radar images that I have looked at show what appears to be big nasty storms however...

I suppose we will have to wait and see what transpires. This is just terrible...all of these crazy airplane events this year and now this...

Edit Just went and read about Adam Air 574. We don't always receive this sort of information over here. Thanks for enlightening me.

Last edited:
It is monsoon season there now right? Please forgive my limited knowledge... I am reading stuff that folks on other planes in that area reported cloud cover but not necessarily extreme weather...radar images that I have looked at show what appears to be big nasty storms however...

I suppose we will have to wait and see what transpires. This is just terrible...all of these crazy airplane events this year and now this...

Yes bro, it is monsoon season now... been raining non stop last night till this morning.

Albert's link ^ now saying Jakarta official providing coordinates...plane believed to have crashed. I assume we will know for sure fairly soon. :(

I wish I had a huge internet megaphone so I could say to Yahoo News foolish heartless commentators - "you all are a bunch of frigging morons!" Jiminy Christmas the hatred and ignorance shown by commentators is flabbergasting.

Last edited:
Albert's link ^ now saying Jakarta official providing coordinates...plane believed to have crashed. I assume we will know for sure fairly soon. :(

I wish I had a huge internet megaphone so I could say to Yahoo News foolish heartless commentators - "you all are a bunch of frigging morons!" Jiminy Christmas the hatred and ignorance shown by commentators is flabbergasting.
What's going on there? Are there people making bad comments?

Keyboards Warriors are everywhere... no point being angry anymore.... :think: