Air Stranger's Pic


Status
Not open for further replies.

lastboltnut

Senior Member
Mar 23, 2006
4,528
0
0
Where the wind blows...
#1
Hi guys and gals,

I always think about this: If I take a pic of a stranger on the street and post it here, am I violating the law? Can the person bring me to court?:dunno:

I have read in newspaper that if someone took your photo, the pic belongs to him. But you can apply a court-order to stop him from publicising the pic......so he can only keep it for his own viewing.

So, if there is no court-order, then the photographer is free to air the pic in public?:dunno:
 

lastboltnut

Senior Member
Mar 23, 2006
4,528
0
0
Where the wind blows...
#3
Those are not so easily traceable I think, their server is not setup locally......unlike here in CS, which is a registered organisation.

Koelsch said:
think sggirls.com =\ why ain't anyone stopping them from posting such sleazy pictures? :thumbsup:
 

ronwong

New Member
Apr 13, 2006
104
0
0
#5
Straits times also post a lot of people's picture, dont know got complain or not.
 

trlnlty

New Member
Mar 22, 2005
476
0
0
#7
no, nothing will happen to you.

post the pic ! :)
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#8
If u're so worried abt getting urself into trouble, den stay away from it completely. If u think that with every single shot u take of a stranger, u'll catch the person in a compromising position, eg panties showing, bra showing, underwear showing and exhibiting ridiculous paranoia, my suggestion is to stay away from photography completely since even landscapes may also involve a human element.
 

ronwong

New Member
Apr 13, 2006
104
0
0
#9
check your legal position first. Then after that, go ahead and shoot. Then maybe ask the subject after you have taken the picture, whether you can keep it or publish it, then confirm you will be troublefree, but you may not be able to keep a lot of your pics..
 

Nov 8, 2004
179
0
16
32
Jurong
#11
i know this may be a littttle bit off topic but, this just happened to me few days ago in siglap.. just wanted to share..

i was sitting down by the kerb with a friend while waiting for my other friend to come out from canadian pizza.. i had my camera with me so we started taking silly photos and random photos.. at one point i was shooting randomly in front of me (therre were two parked cars infront).. shoot and delete, shoot and delete..

when my friends came out and we were about to walk away, this particular lady came up to us and demanded that we delete the photos off. she claims that i took photos of her car. she claimed that she felt uncomfortable that i took photos of her car and that she had just called someone to consult about the matter and she insists that she check and delete any photo that had her car. the thing is there is NO photo of her car. she accused me of taking photos of her car. i explained to her nicely that i hadnt done so and even showed her my camera and scrolled through all the 131 photos to show her that there wasnt such a photo. still, she insisted that i took photos of her car and she was uncomfortable with it. i dunno whats her problem at this point of time when i had clearly shown her ALL the photos.

that was when i had enough of her nonsense and told her straight in her face that i dont care who she was and who she had consulted, i blasted her blatantly that if she hasnt done anything wrong why should she be so paranoid. i said that my conscience is clear and i hadnt done anything wrong. i also said that she has no right to see what i had snapped as they belong to me regardless what she thinks. i dared her to call her consultant again and demand that she bring that consultant down and have a chat as i clearly have done no wrong. i put my camera into my bag and sat down at the kerb. she plainly said she wouldnt persue the matter further.


i never knew such b***h could exist. just because she thinks she has a higher authority over me she thinks she can simply push me around. i may be just a kid to her, but im no pushover. so what if she's driving an E-class merc. what a stinking snob. such "atas" people really piss me off real bad.
 

lastboltnut

Senior Member
Mar 23, 2006
4,528
0
0
Where the wind blows...
#12
Yah, good thing you did not save the pic......:)

Boddah said:
i know this may be a littttle bit off topic but, this just happened to me few days ago in siglap.. just wanted to share..

i was sitting down by the kerb with a friend while waiting for my other friend to come out from canadian pizza.. i had my camera with me so we started taking silly photos and random photos.. at one point i was shooting randomly in front of me (therre were two parked cars infront).. shoot and delete, shoot and delete..

when my friends came out and we were about to walk away, this particular lady came up to us and demanded that we delete the photos off. she claims that i took photos of her car. she claimed that she felt uncomfortable that i took photos of her car and that she had just called someone to consult about the matter and she insists that she check and delete any photo that had her car. the thing is there is NO photo of her car. she accused me of taking photos of her car. i explained to her nicely that i hadnt done so and even showed her my camera and scrolled through all the 131 photos to show her that there wasnt such a photo. still, she insisted that i took photos of her car and she was uncomfortable with it. i dunno whats her problem at this point of time when i had clearly shown her ALL the photos.

that was when i had enough of her nonsense and told her straight in her face that i dont care who she was and who she had consulted, i blasted her blatantly that if she hasnt done anything wrong why should she be so paranoid. i said that my conscience is clear and i hadnt done anything wrong. i also said that she has no right to see what i had snapped as they belong to me regardless what she thinks. i dared her to call her consultant again and demand that she bring that consultant down and have a chat as i clearly have done no wrong. i put my camera into my bag and sat down at the kerb. she plainly said she wouldnt persue the matter further.


i never knew such b***h could exist. just because she thinks she has a higher authority over me she thinks she can simply push me around. i may be just a kid to her, but im no pushover. so what if she's driving an E-class merc. what a stinking snob. such "atas" people really piss me off real bad.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#13
Actually I think its a bad thing - if it was saved, you could post it up to give her "fame" :).

lastboltnut said:
Yah, good thing you did not save the pic......:)
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#14
You might want to check the "newspaper" again to confirm what you read.....

lastboltnut said:
I have read in newspaper that if someone took your photo, the pic belongs to him. But you can apply a court-order to stop him from publicising the pic......so he can only keep it for his own viewing.
 

Artosoft

Senior Member
Aug 31, 2005
3,710
0
0
Tanjong Katong
#15
Boddah said:
i know this may be a littttle bit off topic but, this just happened to me few days ago in siglap.. just wanted to share..

i was sitting down by the kerb with a friend while waiting for my other friend to come out from canadian pizza.. i had my camera with me so we started taking silly photos and random photos.. at one point i was shooting randomly in front of me (therre were two parked cars infront).. shoot and delete, shoot and delete..

when my friends came out and we were about to walk away, this particular lady came up to us and demanded that we delete the photos off. she claims that i took photos of her car. she claimed that she felt uncomfortable that i took photos of her car and that she had just called someone to consult about the matter and she insists that she check and delete any photo that had her car. the thing is there is NO photo of her car. she accused me of taking photos of her car. i explained to her nicely that i hadnt done so and even showed her my camera and scrolled through all the 131 photos to show her that there wasnt such a photo. still, she insisted that i took photos of her car and she was uncomfortable with it. i dunno whats her problem at this point of time when i had clearly shown her ALL the photos.

that was when i had enough of her nonsense and told her straight in her face that i dont care who she was and who she had consulted, i blasted her blatantly that if she hasnt done anything wrong why should she be so paranoid. i said that my conscience is clear and i hadnt done anything wrong. i also said that she has no right to see what i had snapped as they belong to me regardless what she thinks. i dared her to call her consultant again and demand that she bring that consultant down and have a chat as i clearly have done no wrong. i put my camera into my bag and sat down at the kerb. she plainly said she wouldnt persue the matter further.


i never knew such b***h could exist. just because she thinks she has a higher authority over me she thinks she can simply push me around. i may be just a kid to her, but im no pushover. so what if she's driving an E-class merc. what a stinking snob. such "atas" people really piss me off real bad.
Which canadian pizza outlet? Siglap...? If Geylang one I can say no wonder :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#16
Well, the point is to act blur, and at the precise moment, become extremely alert den shoot it once, shoot it good and scoot.

Despite the 'Digital Revolution' where users are offered the convienence of shoot-preview-shoot-preview, some shots and types of shoot still require a '1 shot, 1 kill' standard and not being able to preview ur photos immediately after u shoot.

That's me. Not sure abt u guyz.
 

benedium

New Member
Jun 19, 2004
1,204
0
0
www.photo.net
#17
I can only pray for the day when people are less camera shy. I find it so lame and uncool that people cover their faces when people take photos. Imagine if Singapore were to become like Hollywood or something like that, and everyone reacts so obviously to the presence of a camera, be it film, video or still image.
What are they so insecure about? Sigh...
 

singscott

New Member
Aug 25, 2004
1,835
0
0
www.whltelightphotographer.com
#18
As long the pictures are taken in a public places. The "model" and you don't plan the shot. The picture is not of an undesirable publication. Then you have the rights to display or publish it. Things like TFCD or "plan" photo shoot that involve people you need a model release in order to benefit monetary or publish your works in public. But what law there is, you have the right to showcase them as your portfolio provided you shot the picture.
 

shojibake

New Member
Dec 7, 2004
387
0
0
#19
Boddah are you young or dressed hipster?

Usually the level of paranoia of the average singaporean is proportional to how hipster you dress or how far from looking like a tourist you are. It's also inversely proportional to how old you are.

ok sometimes that doesn't work with building security.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#20
You know which law in Singapore says you need a model release?

singscott said:
As long the pictures are taken in a public places. The "model" and you don't plan the shot. The picture is not of an undesirable publication. Then you have the rights to display or publish it. Things like TFCD or "plan" photo shoot that involve people you need a model release in order to benefit monetary or publish your works in public. But what law there is, you have the right to showcase them as your portfolio provided you shot the picture.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom