air asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juvelyn

Jun 8, 2002
Visit site
anyone flown on air asia?

comments? experiences?

Above all, good prices. Because most AirAsia flights are short-haul anyway, I don't think you'll miss having the snacks/drinks/TV of regular airlines. Nice leather seats too. Ticketless booking is nice, just go there with proof of ID, no need to worry about having left tix at home.

Only problem is the first come, first served seating system, it leads to some big rushes at the gate. When they announce it's time for boarding, everyone makes a dash for the entrance, and it's amazing how much queue cutting and just plain general rudeness goes on. I've learnt that Malaysians are just as kiasu as Singaporeans :)

On the whole though, it's all worth it for the price.

yes, i have. indeed, i love to.

the booking and ticket purchase is easy, Pay over internet.

Most importantly, it is much much cheaper compare to MAS.

If u pay for MAS (much much more expensive), there are only 2 air-stewardness and give u a glass of orange juice.

Air Asia serve u nothing for free and there is only 1 stewardness.

But it is ok. Take for example, Penang to KL, less than 30 mins. Once u tighten up your belt. And look around the passenger, u are almost about to land. No big fuss about no free dirnk. U can always buy a can of coke for RM3.

but the ticket fares that u have saved, is more then RM300.

Have u guys try flying to tawau... 2 hour ++ ...... to 3 hour ... thats long .... some more no food ..wish i got some KFC at the airport...

It is OK to rbing your own food on board.

As I said, if u fly MAS, u will have the food. But then u gotta to pay near 250% expensive.

It is budget airline anyway.

waiting patiently for it to come to Senai airport (don't think it'll ever land in Singapore)...

you guys go all the way to KL to take air asia?

I am anxiously waiting for the AirAsia to land in Senai Airport, because I am travelling to KL everyweek.

How wonderful it will be for a budget flight that could be even cheaper than bus fare.

Yeah, me too hoping it will land in senai, so that can have a short and nearby getaway for a small budget holiday.

everyone is trying to get a seat, so queue cutting is common, not only in asean. i have heard (from frens) and saw for myself in europe.

you win some, you loose some.
cheers......

Queue for seat is ok, but you are guaranteed a seat right?? Just depends on where you end up right??

so not tooo bad lah... at least get a seat... though I dun think I want to sit near the toilet.....

Silverelf said:
so not tooo bad lah... at least get a seat... though I dun think I want to sit near the toilet.....

wah ... i would rather sit near the toilet ... i love to shit in the air ... :embrass: .. the feeling is diff from shitting on land ~~

West_ray said:
wah ... i would rather sit near the toilet ... i love to shit in the air ... :embrass: .. the feeling is diff from shitting on land ~~

hee hee, you should train as an astronaut and experience sh!tting in space :bigeyes:

I travelled by AirAsia from KL to Labuan and back early this month. The flight was 2hrs+ and was not full. I paid RM79.99 per flight. I had a row of seats to myself and enjoyed the nice view of South China Sea with beautiful islands like tioman, the Anambas islands and natuna island. The sandwiches taste ok for RM5, at least got something to bite while waiting for time to past.
Rating: Very value for money, especially for travel to east malaysia. Note that to get the lowest fare, you have to book a month in advance and no refund or change is allowed. If there are more than 1 flight a day to the destination, only some timings will have the lowest fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.