air asia tickets ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubbyman

Feb 13, 2004
i have a nagging question regarding AirAsia.

Is it true that the fares for air asia flights fluctuate as it gets near to the date? :think:

planning to book a flight to KK .. so not sure when to book haha ..
planning to go up late may .. :bsmilie:

any advice huh?

chubbyman said:

Is it true that the fares for air asia flights fluctuate as it gets near to the date? :think:

any advice huh?

I only know different certain flight of the day is cheaper and the later u book the lower chance u will get a ticket

that's true also ..
i can only confirm end of the month .. .. due to work committments.. need to seek clearance from my boss :(

chubbyman said:

any advice huh?

Hi

I have bought a couple of times to KK. I observe that the cheapest (non-promo) fare is at least a week before your travel date. More expensive on public holidays and weekends (Fri-Mon) :)

HTH

dominicchin said:
Hi

I have bought a couple of times to KK. I observe that the cheapest (non-promo) fare is at least a week before your travel date. More expensive on public holidays and weekends (Fri-Mon) :)

HTH

thanks mate ... : )
maybe i should try my luck ???? ..... :bsmilie:

later can't get tix... :bigeyes: haha

I am going KK too in Mid- May, i bought my tickets Mid-March and i paid abt300RM... (go is abt 100, return is abt 200...)...

If your date is comfirmed better buy early. Coz late May is school holiday, sure ex when getting nearer...

CLQ said:
If your date is comfirmed better buy early. Coz late May is school holiday, sure ex when getting nearer...

wah :bigeyes: so cheap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya i know... will only book in late april, cos my boss needs to approve leave first :sweat:

chubbyman said:

any advice huh?

Yes, it's true. Last year, I booked about a month ahead for a one-way ticket to KK on Air Asia and paid less than S$100. Last month, I booked another one-way ticket to KK a week prior to my trip and paid almost double what I paid last year. So, it's advisable to book at least a month ahead. I flew from Senai to KK on both occasions.

chubbyman said:
wah :bigeyes: so cheap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya i know... will only book in late april, cos my boss needs to approve leave first :sweat:
hee, why not apply now? is it not true that the earlier you apply, the easier for our boss to approve as they do not know what will happen at the time?
Anyway are you going to climb the mountain? if yes better book early too, when we we booking in March, we only managed to get the last few rooms/beds at the hotels near the mountain or half way uo the mountain...

CLQ said:
hee, why not apply now? is it not true that the earlier you apply, the easier for our boss to approve as they do not know what will happen at the time?
Anyway are you going to climb the mountain? if yes better book early too, when we we booking in March, we only managed to get the last few rooms/beds at the hotels near the mountain or half way uo the mountain...

at least , u did ur part. tell the boss early.

normally, it i go for block leave (> 1wk). I will give him 3 mth advance.. just tell him.. around that period, I'm taking leave... date not firm yet...

that time, i got for honeymoon.. 3 wk. i give him 6 mth notice.. as the whole team of hardware engineer has to re-schedule their project to avoid my honeymoon...

therat said:
at least , u did ur part. tell the boss early.

normally, it i go for block leave (> 1wk). I will give him 3 mth advance.. just tell him.. around that period, I'm taking leave... date not firm yet...

that time, i got for honeymoon.. 3 wk. i give him 6 mth notice.. as the whole team of hardware engineer has to re-schedule their project to avoid my honeymoon...

ya .. already told my boss..
but my company is a small set up lah.. so projects are impt .. and we usually project up to a month ahead lor .... :cry:

Today i will know the decision ... : )

hehe, me not going KK (at least not now) coz my knee not good, so climbing could cause more damage to it ... now in the midst of rehab lor ..
but i am going DIVING !!!! :bsmilie:

thanks for your advice guys ..

KK? don't need to take plane lah can drive or take bus, then can walk either to the women's or children's wing hahaha. Sorry guys, just joking.
ps. please don't flame me hor.

From my experience, Air Asia prices can fluctuate up / down anytime (not just closer to your travel date), depending on demand for the specific days/dates u want.

Status
Not open for further replies.