Aidan, My Son....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbit6003

Jan 19, 2005
Singapore
Hi all,

Finally, I decided to pluck up some courage and post a pic here. :)

This is of my son Aidan. The night he saw me back with an extension cable for my off shoe cord, he told me that he wanted to be my model, and insisted I shoot him.

However, all his poses were deliberate and very unnatural, and I was getting impatient. I told him off, and began to spoof some of his poses to illustrate my point across to him. I think it tickled him, and he burst into laughter.

Finally....

This was shot on my Canon 350D, with the Speedlite 380Ex filling in on subject's right. As for PS, I removed the cabinet on the bottom left corner, just below his right hand.

Cheers,

Kenny

003-1.jpg

haha.. cute picture. i feel that this pic looks very natural. i like this kind of smile :D

expression nicely captured .... can try cropping away the empty space above the head :)

don't hold back, share your photos with us more often

cheers!

Thanks guys, for your kind and encouraging comments :)

Yeah, I like a natural expressions on the faces of the kids too, they're so unpretentious and hearty, you just feel like laughing together with them. However, it is quite tough to get them to pose naturally for the camera...this is just one of those lucky shots...

Silverwolf, agree with u that a tighter crop of the pic with some of the top cut off does indeed make the pic look better, but I've not been able tp print it onto a 4R paper without some of the width cropped out as well.....

Thanks again, and when I've gotten some of the better shots, I'd definitely post here again! :D

Cheers,

Kenny

Good works kenny..

Maybe you can remove the top a bit as the blank space is not really contributing to the pic.

Do post often.

Hi CP,

Is that U? Long time no see! :)

Thanks for your comments, and I do hope that we can meet up again, perhaps for photography this time? :)

Cheers,

Kenny

Fantastic photo, gives me the feeling that he's got his bright future ahead of him.

hobbit6003 said:
Hi CP,

Is that U? Long time no see! :)

Thanks for your comments, and I do hope that we can meet up again, perhaps for photography this time? :)

Cheers,

Kenny

Yap.. it's me!! the nutter.. hee hee

Sure.. why not? would be fun..

*Heritage*

Thanks for your comment, and I sure do hope that he's got a bright future ahead of him! Cute fellow, this one! :D

*CP*

It's interestiing that our paths do cross from time to time, frm fish and aquatic plant keeping, to photography.

Didn't know you're so much into this!

As for me, I'm just a casual shooter la, as work and family commitment are my main priorities now....

My son Aidan is already 5, and he's gonna have a little sis soon...in March! Why do you think I'm picking up my camera again? ;)

Cheers,

Kenny

hobbit6003 said:
*CP*

It's interestiing that our paths do cross from time to time, frm fish and aquatic plant keeping, to photography.

Didn't know you're so much into this!

As for me, I'm just a casual shooter la, as work and family commitment are my main priorities now....

My son Aidan is already 5, and he's gonna have a little sis soon...in March! Why do you think I'm picking up my camera again? ;)

Cheers,

Kenny

Ya.. you must be cursing what lousy luck you have.. haa haa

Congrats on your new precious.. :)

Having a new children is one of the many reason why people pick up photography or videography.

Seem like you will need to add to your arsenal for that. :p

*CP*,

Haahaa, not lousy luck la, I always 'enjoyed' your company! :)

Looks like I can pointers and help frm u yah, since we live just a street away. :)

Btw, what arsenal u think I should add? I'm using mainly 2 lenses right now, the Sigma 18-55mm f2.8 and a Canon EF 75-300mm f4-5.6. Dun think I'll go big scale on using studio lighting or anything of that sort la...

Actually, i started photography when I was going after my wife 10 yrs ago.;p I still got my Nikon FM1O. Which camera body are using right now?

Cheers,

Kenny

hobbit6003 said:
*CP*,

Haahaa, not lousy luck la, I always 'enjoyed' your company! :)

Looks like I can pointers and help frm u yah, since we live just a street away. :)

Btw, what arsenal u think I should add? I'm using mainly 2 lenses right now, the Sigma 18-55mm f2.8 and a Canon EF 75-300mm f4-5.6. Dun think I'll go big scale on using studio lighting or anything of that sort la...

Actually, i started photography when I was going after my wife 10 yrs ago.;p I still got my Nikon FM1O. Which camera body are using right now?

Cheers,

Kenny

Others might be wondering what the hell are we doing.. Chatting on the thread.. :p

18-55mm should be enough for your baby photos. Maybe a 85/1.8 to shoot better using available light. You might want to avoid flash on the baby.

I am using F100. Different system. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.