ahh some assistance here? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac89

Dec 31, 2008
hey all, i'm new to this forum, but after trolling around here for abit, i discovered it's a great great board! anyways, the reason i made this thread is cuz i require some help.

i recently purchased a nice 450D rebel xsi and it's a great great camera, but what i'd like to know is that how do i go about, knowing what sort of lenses can fit my camera? like what i read up, only EF S and EF lenses can fit my 450D, but what are EF S and EF lenses?

sorry if this sounds noobish, this is my first adventure into the realm of DSLR's and would like some advice on it =) thanks for the patience =)

Last edited:
Thanks for that bro! =) now i understand =)

Not only EF-S and EF fits your new toy.

There are 3rd parties lenses from Sigma and Tamron and other brands which may need an EF Mount adapter that are also compatible. They are the cheaper alternative to Canon.

i'm sure you've bought the standard kit lens together with the 450D? stick with it for now:)

yes you are right, i did get the standard kit lens along with the camera. it's a pretty good one too, just that, i figured i'd like something with a little more zoom power

yes you are right, i did get the standard kit lens along with the camera. it's a pretty good one too, just that, i figured i'd like something with a little more zoom power

if u dont mind swapping lens, try getting 55-250 IS, very good 1 :D

Agreed. The 55-250mm is a good complement lens to your kit lens.

If not, you can save up more for the 24-105 or even the 70-200mm. Both are 'L' and if your budget allows, nothing more than look to them. I am not infecting you to buy the 'L' but they are of superior quality in terms of optics and build.

Word of caution: Once you step into the world of 'L', there's no turning back. ;p

Agreed. The 55-250mm is a good complement lens to your kit lens.

If not, you can save up more for the 24-105 or even the 70-200mm. Both are 'L' and if your budget allows, nothing more than look to them. I am not infecting you to buy the 'L' but they are of superior quality in terms of optics and build.

Word of caution: Once you step into the world of 'L', there's no turning back. ;p
I hope to step into the L world this year. Getting either a 17-40L or a 24-105L, but the 100mm f2.8 macro looks nice as well. EFS 17-55mm not bad either. Haha.

If you want more zoom, you can try the 55-250mm lens. It's a good lens with good IQ for the price range.

GMAN

Haha. I already step into the 'L' world just that I have not own one yet. Same as you but planning to own the 70-200mm f/4 IS USM this year.

ahh ok, so what does L stand for?

L for Luxury.

Canon 'L' lenses are easily spotted with their red lining near the front of the lenses and the white Tele lenses.

Last edited:
hey all, i'm new to this forum, but after trolling around here for abit, i discovered it's a great great board! anyways, the reason i made this thread is cuz i require some help.

i recently purchased a nice 450D rebel xsi and it's a great great camera, but what i'd like to know is that how do i go about, knowing what sort of lenses can fit my camera? like what i read up, only EF S and EF lenses can fit my 450D, but what are EF S and EF lenses?

sorry if this sounds noobish, this is my first adventure into the realm of DSLR's and would like some advice on it =) thanks for the patience =)

Welcome to Clubsnap Michael Lim's little brother!
I hope you like Barney! :)

i wouldn't encourage the 24-105 L just yet. 24mm isn't very wide on a 1.6x cropped sensor camera which you're having.

Welcome to Clubsnap Michael Lim's little brother!
I hope you like Barney! :)

heh? haha i don't have a brother, you must have gotten the wrong person dude,

but thanks for the welcome tho =)

anyway! i just broguht my new toy out for a night shoot today, and even tho it was on the stock 18-55 lens, i think the results are quite decent, ablite the sometimes blur pics, but all in all i'm quite happy =) but i wanna know, whats a good lens i can buy for shooting landscapes at night and in the day? budget wise about 300 odd =) can someone recc me some nice lens?

anyway! i just broguht my new toy out for a night shoot today, and even tho it was on the stock 18-55 lens, i think the results are quite decent, ablite the sometimes blur pics, but all in all i'm quite happy =) but i wanna know, whats a good lens i can buy for shooting landscapes at night and in the day? budget wise about 300 odd =) can someone recc me some nice lens?

You need a tripod, not another lens. ;)

ahh, interesting, never thought of it that way! what tripod would u recc bro? =)

Wat's your budget and do you mind the weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.