Ah the joys of childhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddyks

Jan 15, 2007
Stad van Manneken Pis
www.flickr.com
Noob here. Took this on my first trip with my dSLR and would love to hear your comments and suggestions.:)

dsc7965copyrf7.jpg

its just a test shot. nothing more. You should put more heart into taking a picture and ask for critique than to post a random shot and then ask ppl for opinion.

Let me ask you a few questions and hopefully next time you could ask yourself before you ask for critique.

Is this shot something i put my heart into or just a snapshot?
Why do i want to put this image online for critique?
Is there any reasons i want to put for critique? Should i state down the reasons?
Is there anything i could have done to make this image better? If yes, why am i not doing.

Anyway, imho... this image like your title, its just a test shot... most likely with a kit lens due to the bokeh and i think some CA, subject wise, the crop is not really enticing, as you have cropped off the hand, iirc, its at botanic garden, a girl on a bicycle, you cropped off the lower portion, and the portion on top look empty... overall the asesthetic is not there. The title joys of childhood, expression is there, but the actions are not.

If i was to shoot this image, i'd probably go lower, portrait orientation, and take the bicycle with the girl and make it look like it is flying over me. if you get what i mean... thats how i will depict the joy she is having.

interesting, but she is on a bike? try different angles. interesting sig. :)

@ Del_CtrlnoAlt, Come to think of it, when I look at it now after your critique, I see it as quite ordinary. Was a bit happy when I took it as I wanted to capture the expression on the face. :) Maybe bad composition. I'll try harder. Thanks for the comments. And maybe come back with the photograph you are looking for.

@deckard, Thanks, I think I have to work on the composition. The sig, yea one of those days ;p

@ Del_CtrlnoAlt, Come to think of it, when I look at it now after your critique, I see it as quite ordinary. Was a bit happy when I took it as I wanted to capture the expression on the face. :) Maybe bad composition. I'll try harder. Thanks for the comments. And maybe come back with the photograph you are looking for.

@deckard, Thanks, I think I have to work on the composition. The sig, yea one of those days ;p

Dun take pics of what others want, take a pic of what you want to show and fully express yourself.

If you wanna showcase other pictures, just pm me for critique.

Dun take pics of what others want, take a pic of what you want to show and fully express yourself.

If you wanna showcase other pictures, just pm me for critique.

I agree with what you say. I meant it as you are saying it now. Thanks for the offer, I shall definitely take you up on that ;)

Hi,

Its great that you're out and about with your new camera!

As a fellow noobie, enjoy the process of learning and developing. We all have photos from our first trip out, we all look back on them and reflect on what we should have or could have done.

Keep posting images for critique and enjoy your new hobby!

Looks like she's giving a massage... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.