Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
ah seng at the site

renovation_worker.jpg
[/IMG]

ah seng needs a haircut. hehe
jokes aside, looks ok to me tho, but is the vignetting done post pro? if it was, i'd prefer if the subject was more in the "limelight" cos rite now my eyes ten to follow the lines of the doors down to him but hes barely seen
juz my thots

and why only ah seng's head and nothing else?
what was his body language expressions other than the blur look on his face?
and what were you trying to capture? the photo tells me nothing.

i thought CS ahseng:bsmilie:
would love to see more of the body.

actually, how do you approach this person? i mean, it was a candid shoot without his permission , or a posed shot with his permission......or you shot it from a far?

zaxh81 said:
i thought CS ahseng:bsmilie:
would love to see more of the body.

ok....next time i show you......:sticktong

:bsmilie:

Ok, on the serious side.....the face is kinda underexposed here. Generally, the picture don't really tell me what you are trying to portray.

richliow said:
actually, how do you approach this person? i mean, it was a candid shoot without his permission , or a posed shot with his permission......or you shot it from a far?

shot him at 28mm focal length ......didnt ask for his permission but he knew I was shooting and didnt object....... i think i was about 3-4 feet away from him?

Ah Seng, his name is really Ah Seng! kekeke

i just wanted to catch that nice warm light hitting on the wall and included ah seng to add a human element to the image..... could have shot him half or full body but that would've meant sacrificing the good light that lit only the upper portion of the wall

yes its a pity ah seng was underexposed

it's a nice underexposure. The mood portrayed, is dank, heavy, rustic and untamed, I can almost smell the atmosphere from where I'm typing this. It works for me.

But perhaps there's too little of Ah Seng in the picture.

;)

thanks for the feedback fisheye, appreciate it

i got half body and fullbody compositions of ah seng but they're all very cliche'd and given the angle from which the light is coming and cutting off halfway down the wall, the differences in EV is too wide to strike any kind of balance

ed9119 said:
thanks for the feedback fisheye, appreciate it

i got half body and fullbody compositions of ah seng but they're all very cliche'd and given the angle from which the light is coming and cutting off halfway down the wall, the differences in EV is too wide to strike any kind of balance

The photo is quite refreshing. I think the gamble worked.

i think if you took it from a bit further back and got some more of the subject and surrounding it would look a little better, great shot nonetheless

I didn't even notice the duderosky was down there... other than that, I like the color...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.