Ah...Clubsnap forums to be one year old soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by AdamGoi
Just in case you've not noticed, we'll be one year old on 17 January 2003.

Any ideas or suggestions on how we should celebrate? ;)

We take a group shot in the IDC with the servers, then have a good dinner! Then we have a birthday cake in the form of any of the DSLRs. :p

Regards
CK

How about a BCM outing, to celebrate the anniversary? Jeff can do macro on the Bak Chor. :p

Originally posted by Poledra
*points to subject* Isn't it a little... 'engna-fied'?
Doesn't sound right to me... :D
dunno what is "engna-fied" but I had to correct our esteemed teacher's grammar ... tsk tsk tsk .. and to think we are relying on him to educate the next generation of thinkers and leaders ...

/me duck away from Adam's cane -- swish!!!

Hmm.. sounds good to me... wat better way then to indulge in our national past-time :)

All in favour please add your name/nick to this list:

1)kanekoichi

Hmm.. sounds good to me... wat better way then to indulge in our national past-time :)

All in favour please add your name/nick to this list:

1)kanekoichi
2)funksoulava

Originally posted by togu
How about a BCM outing, to celebrate the anniversary? Jeff can do macro on the Bak Chor. :p

dont forget the mee ............. :bsmilie:

:D

Congrats. Sorlee, wld not be able to join u guys, but happy makan har!

One suggestion, can put some images of the big day celebration on the web for those who miss it? Can?

Wow! Happy that Clubsnap is turning 1!
Btw, any of the founders keen on telling us how CS is formed?
All i remembered is that, that time in hardwarezone, ppl were talking about clubsnap. Then now it is such a big forum! :cool:

Yes, we are turning one soon, and to think this started off from a get-together that was organised by Adam Goi.

The story of how ClubSNAP was formed .....

A long, long time ago, in a faraway land covered with mystical forests and mysterious creatures .... ... oops, sorry, that one fairy tale for my kids ;p

Anyway, it all started when Adam Goi initiated a number of get-togethers for people to meet face-to-face. I remember that one of the very first meetings was at the Coffee Bean at Funan Centre, followed by another at McDonalds a couple of weeks later.

Well, from there started the whole idea of SEED days (the term SEED is copyrighted by Adam), and we had regular get-togethers to buy stuff (on weekdays) and photoshoots on most weekends.

Things came to a head in late 2001 when HWZ experienced a lot of issues with performance, and the sheer volume of posts made it quite difficult to navigate especially when all we wanted was photography-related topics (and also the single forum was like a rojak/mixed salad).

A number of us (the so-called Founding Members) then sat down and discussed about what to do and how to cater to a growing crowd of photo-enthusiasts, and voila, ClubSNAP was born on January 17th, 2002.

And the rest is history, thanks to the efforts of Founding Members, moderators and most of all, the Members, ClubSNAP is now a thriving community of photography enthusiasts who come in here to share their knowledge, discuss ideas and foster new friendships and relations with others.

ClubSNAP has grown to be more than just an online community and the popularity of SEED and the photoshoots are testament to that philosophy (a philosophy that we ingrained into the running of ClubSNAP from Day 1). After all, there are a lot of online forums out there, but how many members of DPReview, Photo.Net, Photosig can you say you have met face to face?

On behalf of the administrators of ClubSNAP, thanks to all the Members for making this community and forum a success!!

Yeah man! I have been watching this forum quietly when the forum was exactly one mth old. That time I was really wishing for a digi cam... Jus recently I finally got one... Now if there is any celebration going on on 17 jan I will be gald to join u guys!;)

Originally posted by sweat100
Wow! Happy that Clubsnap is turning 1!
Btw, any of the founders keen on telling us how CS is formed?
All i remembered is that, that time in hardwarezone, ppl were talking about clubsnap. Then now it is such a big forum! :cool:

You can try searching around, there may be some pictures of the big 4 lying around somewhere. ;p

Originally posted by SniperD
LEt's have a mega BCM celebration on the 17th!!!:bsmilie:

20% discount off all camera stuff brought for all clubsnaps members !!! :bwhat: for real ??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.