Status
Not open for further replies.

punscum

Jan 23, 2002
mepapasia.jpg

erm...yup comments plz.

Outside over-exposed liao lah!

U using FP2800z right?

Can step-down a bit in EV (-0.6) to get a nice black silhouette of dad and kid while getting a properly exposed view outside the window.

Or if want to see both dad & kid + outside view properly properly...use fill-in flash.

yupyup FP2800z
hahah...
mmm was quite far away so used zoom...so can't use the flash...

for no-flash when u put minus EV is the increase shutter speed right?

how bout when u using flash? minus ev should decrease it?

juz getting to know this EV thingy...thanx for ur tips. but how do u guage how much ev to set it at ?

Originally posted by punscum
yupyup FP2800z
hahah...
mmm was quite far away so used zoom...so can't use the flash...

for no-flash when u put minus EV is the increase shutter speed right?

how bout when u using flash? minus ev should decrease it?

juz getting to know this EV thingy...thanx for ur tips. but how do u guage how much ev to set it at ?

The flash range on the FP2800z @ tele is abt 4m....u further away from subjects than this????

+ EV means using a slower shutter = more exposure.

- EV means using a faster shutter = less exposure.

Depending on ur DC, usually for every EV stop e.g. +/- 0.3 is 1 shutter speed stop up or down.

Gotta experiment more lah....practice makes perfect...whatever I said is just a rough guage.

Anyway, since max the FP2800z can go is 1/2 sec @ F2.8. So doing nite shot u may haf a problem getting the right exposure even if u maxed out the EV.....

oh i see. i always thought that since its called exposure compensation...

when no flash cam will slow the shutter down to capture more light - so by decreasing EV will actually speed up the shutter speed. hahaha...

why is it over exposed? is it cuz still can see the features of the boy? might be my monitor settings....cuz i think my pic looks washed out on other comp screens. (i tried it on my sis's mac)

Originally posted by punscum
oh i see. i always thought that since its called exposure compensation...

when no flash cam will slow the shutter down to capture more light - so by decreasing EV will actually speed up the shutter speed. hahaha...

why is it over exposed? is it cuz still can see the features of the boy? might be my monitor settings....cuz i think my pic looks washed out on other comp screens. (i tried it on my sis's mac)

Yup +EV means fastest shutter.....

The DCs take the whole pix into consideration and average out the bightest and darkest areas to derive an average exposure value. Sometimes the exposure may be a bit off...like in your case.

That's where the EV comes in handy....give it a -0.6 or -0.9 to get the efeect whereby dad and kid are just black shadow while outside is properly exposed.

Some DC got bracketing meaning take a few pix at diff exposure value....say 5 shots..i.e. +0.6 +0.3 norm -0.3 -0.6

Status
Not open for further replies.