agressive teski uncle

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthBaby

we were driving on the expressway towards kje from jurong pie.
traffic aint smooth, but was just moving slowly!

anyway, the front car suddenly stopped and we too... stopped immediately. but guess the car behind us aint lucky enuff... he actually hit onto our rear bumper and the bumper was half wrecked.

the car who hit our car is actually a taxi.. and he came down and said he did not hit... he managed to brake in time but what we heard was screeching and an impact on our car.

so we stopped by the road shoulder as not to distrupt the traffic.
he came to me and said nope.. he did not hit...

den i went to his front bumper and found that hes bumper was damaged, and there were silver stain on his black bumper (our car is silver)... he told me that was long time ago...

right... i wouldnt buy his lame story...
i told him:
uncle ah... im in the automotive line and in the insurance dept too.. u canx fool an expert by making up stories... ive been surveying 1000 over vehicles over the past few years... and moreover since young.. ive been very attached to the automotive line...

well.. he continued to lie with his friend... (guess tt female frd suppose to be taking over the next shift but hitching a ride from him first, cause they were both wearing the same company tshirt)

anyway... i said.. fine.. u can have a few choices...
i call the police, or i call my surveyor?
or just claim insurance...

he begged and said if the teski company is going to suspense his lisence.. he will have a hard time finding job...

i do pity him and did not want to stir trouble... so i said... just tell me if u did hit our car? and he admitted... fair and square... i wont call the police, i wont ask my surveyor down, i will just bring my car back to my workshop, and get it repair... and will send u the invoice...

but also took down the date, the time, road name, witness, hes name and lisence plate jus in case he backout his words...

*sighz*
jus cant believe he wanted to smoke his way thru jus becos we are gals?

comeon.. guess my knowledge in tt industry is betta than his... he canx smoke me out...

i hope he pays... :eek:

with the number of accidents involving taxis, wonder when will the TPs start hunting down these drivers and suspend their license for life. no sympathy for them from me though. i take cabs to work everyday, and out of 10, i find at least 6 of them drive like there's no tomorrow. no patience at all. worse still sometimes meet those really old drivers whose hands keep 'shaking' the steering wheel. they make me real worried ... are they ok? anyway i understand your situation ... don't think they tried to lie their way out because u r gals ... they'd do the same if u were guys.

sometimes u admit you wrong also quite jialat..
i kena 2 times already...

1st time the opp car bang into me den i having my probation den got 1 nabeh uncle say dun stir trouble just do own repair & pay him some compensation. actual case is i at mohammed sultan den its crowded on my side i just stop there then the car from opp lane came crashing in. such case is 50-50 case. but due to the nabeh uncle, the opp party dun wan the minimal compensation & wan a full compensation on repair & also his transport fees (eg rental of cars & taxi fairs) its only 1 bumper & 1 side headlight... & worst is to do at his workshop, we offer to do it if he repair at our workshop, he said no, den we refuse. den went for insurance claim... in the end i lost, cos he went to ask a lawyer to write a letter to say i actually admit i am at fault, due to the gesture of trying to give compensation.

den 2nd time got 1 idiot probation plate car park his car just after the merging lane. i thought he have moved off but... den my car is auto so i let it drift & it touched the bumper & the bumper dropped... den i rushing off so i gave the joker 1 card & say tis type of case just repair the bumper will do & its a old car. den i saw my car only the corner of my license plate was bent & his bumper is dislodge & no deep dents.
at night, the idiot's dad call say its damn jialat... watever so i ask him to come my office, den he insisted i change the whole bumper. so after a few days, he came to my office, b4 tat he shouted over the phone, trying 2 make me scared. like my place hard 2 find, we should go to his place if we wanna compensate, even reach liao still kpkb... anyway after some negotiation, he insisted to change the bumper but we din see any fault, cos he put the bumper back, & have painted the bumper with paint.. in such case, he should not have painted rite... strange guy... anyway to save problem we pay him minimal, but he insisted on 500 cash, so i told him, either the minimal or police. den he accepted the minimal... i thought i was lucky but later upon my dad telling me, which side did you hit anyway... i said, we are turning right so should hit right... den AH ****! he painted the bumper is LEFT SIDE corner! dui lor...

so doesn't pay to admit lor... but if i bang anyone, if i am wrong i would admit...

take some photos on the spots with details, close-up, road condition, location ( e.g. signboard ) etc. to keep a record yourself.

sorry for this long post. just like to warn fellow members here. as long as he kisses your bumper, he pays. just report it to the insurance. if it was the other way round, he would definitely have said you hit him.

there was once this taxi driver hit me from behind. refused to stop. i had to chase him and block him. then he said no damage to my bumper. damage or not, you have to come down and see. i really f***ed him properly man.

couple of years ago, i hit a taxi. his bumper slight damage. my damage was worse. anyway, he chose to claim insurance. very nice about it. when i saw his claim, i was shocked. $1000+ for a new bumper, $240 for loss of wages or rental (can't really remember) for 3 days @$80 per day. no wonder the bloody idiot was so happy. so all drivers, just be careful of these taxi drivers. some times the purposely jam brake. especially in a zebra crossing merging to the main road. they will move off then suddenly come to a stop again. so better not follow too close behind them.

normally who will be so kind to say their damages are very cheap when claiming insurance? anyhow do also at least 1k when it comes to insurance. besides you NCB gone when they go insurance. then have to pay excess..

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
normally who will be so kind to say their damages are very cheap when claiming insurance? anyhow do also at least 1k when it comes to insurance. besides you NCB gone when they go insurance. then have to pay excess..
agree!!!!

my workshop must jus buy the bumper tts all... and abit of labour charge here and there.. also cheaper den insurance claim..
still have to pay for surveyor fees, lawyer fees ... worst still... lose... still must pay for the other party.. bo hwa lah...

:bsmilie:

and the best part is... i never bring my camera out today
hahaha! normally i will bring along my point and shoot digicam.. but cuz.. i lend it to my colleagues...

DARN!!!!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
there then the car from opp lane came crashing in. such case is 50-50 case. but due to the nabeh uncle, the opp party dun wan the minimal compensation & wan a full compensation on repair & also his transport fees (eg rental of cars & taxi fairs) its only 1 bumper & 1 side headlight... & worst is to do at his workshop, we offer to do it if he repair at our workshop, he said no, den we refuse. ...

hmmm ... why is it have to repair at own workshop instead of the other partyy? Does it means that if the 1st party bring this damage car to his workshop, then the mechanic (at his workshop) will "cheat" with the 1st party to claim unreasonable compensation from the 2nd party??

someone told me b4 that if i accidentally hit a car and it's my fault, i die die also cannot let him to bring his car to his workshop, must ask him to bring his car to my workshop ... is tat right ???

kinda confuse abt these ... i havent really drive on the road, though i have my license ...

West_ray said:
someone told me b4 that if i accidentally hit a car and it's my fault, i die die also cannot let him to bring his car to his workshop, must ask him to bring his car to my workshop ... is tat right ???

kinda confuse abt these ... i havent really drive on the road, though i have my license ...

Yes....
do u know... a front windscreen jus claim up to $2000?
when its just less than $200 bucks?
and u never know if they are ethical enuff bo.. some might just change yr original parts to a lousy brand and sell it away... these are the weird stories i hear as i move.... though its weird.. but they are happening :nono:

RuthBaby said:
Yes....
do u know... a front windscreen jus claim up to $2000?
when its just less than $200 bucks?
and u never know if they are ethical enuff bo.. some might just change yr original parts to a lousy brand and sell it away... these are the weird stories i hear as i move.... though its weird.. but they are happening :nono:

You said you were in the automotive line rite? Isn't that why IDAC was founded to stop the above nonsense?

Taxi Drivers these days seems to be exhibiting suicidal tendencies. Been on a few cabs recently and all of them like to speed and tailgate like no body's business, sometimes coming as close as a feet away from the car infront at 80 kmh! Think these guys are really really bored and may be looking for any kind of stimulating experience. People do crazy things when they're bored...

renegade said:
..no sympathy for them from me though. i take cabs to work everyday, and out of 10, i find at least 6 of them drive like there's no tomorrow.
My utmost sympathy to RuthBaby. Hope your car is back in operation again.

To lighten things up abit, like to share a joke. If the joke offend anybody, sorry in advance.
Two guys died in a road accident. Both the taxi driver and the peacher went up to Heaven. At the gate of Heavan, the Gate Keeper looked through his book of "Deeds" and gave the taxi driver a golder halo and gave him a white chatlot to go to Heavan. Next, comes the peacher. The Gate Keeper again looked his "Deeds" book. The Gate keeper closed his book and allowed the peacher in to Heavan and asked him to walk up himself. The peacher was very puzzled. He asked the Keeper, "Why, he as a GOD's servant, didn't get a better treatment, as compared to the taxi driver?". The Gate Keeper replied, " When the taxi driver drives, his passagers prayed to GOD". 'But when the peacher peachs, his people dozes off!"

coke21 said:
You said you were in the automotive line rite? Isn't that why IDAC was founded to stop the above nonsense?

IDAC? hahaha... they canx even write a sIMPLE report... sometimes when my customer comes... we have to rewrite for them... and IDAC only do report writing and submiting of the report... tts all
it's the surveyor, the insurance co and the workshop.. but of cos... after the new system was implemented, each insurance co will have their own authorized workshop.....

eg: zurich insurance's car will go to xxx workshop, ntuc insurance will go to YYY workshop...
;p

idac doesnt involve after submiting the report

SniperD said:
wah... sorry to hear about the incident Ruthbaby.. hope the car's back to normal :)
ok lah.. though this morning the rear tyre was punctured... darn right? still wan to denie... hehehe...

from my past experience... i hope my guys can jus knock it back and give a paint touch-up ... if not.. change the whole bumper.. and oh yah the rear signal light was damaged too....

eric69 said:
My utmost sympathy to RuthBaby. Hope your car is back in operation again.

To lighten things up abit, like to share a joke. If the joke offend anybody, sorry in advance.
Two guys died in a road accident. Both the taxi driver and the peacher went up to Heaven. At the gate of Heavan, the Gate Keeper looked through his book of "Deeds" and gave the taxi driver a golder halo and gave him a white chatlot to go to Heavan. Next, comes the peacher. The Gate Keeper again looked his "Deeds" book. The Gate keeper closed his book and allowed the peacher in to Heavan and asked him to walk up himself. The peacher was very puzzled. He asked the Keeper, "Why, he as a GOD's servant, didn't get a better treatment, as compared to the taxi driver?". The Gate Keeper replied, " When the taxi driver drives, his passagers prayed to GOD". 'But when the peacher peachs, his people dozes off!"
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

longshot said:
Taxi Drivers these days seems to be exhibiting suicidal tendencies. Been on a few cabs recently and all of them like to speed and tailgate like no body's business, sometimes coming as close as a feet away from the car infront at 80 kmh! Think these guys are really really bored and may be looking for any kind of stimulating experience. People do crazy things when they're bored...
yeah man
esp if fer no reason they tulan u hor... keep tail-gating u.... kaoz..see liao also TL ah... den what u do? jam BRake lah... get compensation lah... lolz... jus joking ah.... :p

RuthBaby said:
IDAC? hahaha... they canx even write a sIMPLE report... sometimes when my customer comes... we have to rewrite for them... and IDAC only do report writing and submiting of the report... tts all
it's the surveyor, the insurance co and the workshop.. but of cos... after the new system was implemented, each insurance co will have their own authorized workshop.....

eg: zurich insurance's car will go to xxx workshop, ntuc insurance will go to YYY workshop...
;p

idac doesnt involve after submiting the report

Oh didn't know that.....:) cools. Whatever the case hope I don't ever need to know...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.