Aging Loneliness

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtremeonline

Mar 17, 2009
World Of Still Images.
img6491editedg.jpg

1.in what area is critique to be sought?
I appreciate comments on which how to post process this picture to show a stronger feel of the "loneliness" that I was trying to express.
But is the editing correct?
Or is there a better way to pp the picture so that it express better?

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Showing viewers the loneliness sitting under the shelter.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken?
I took this picture while walking around neighbourhood.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I post processed the picture, trying to make the "loneliness" show. :think:

Still quite new in photography, I appreciate the comments. :)

feels like a snapshot.

the lady is somewhat and has no feel of loneliness.
the leading lines from the right leads to the gate and not the lady.

colors are very important when it comes to PP, they must and should work in harmony to ensure that nothing ends up fighting for the WRONG attention.

your subject here, you claim, is the lady. yet as a result of your PP work, you have made the green patch next to her in the distance stand out more than her.

the idea is nice, but the execution is not so good. it can be done, but i think a lower perspective, not at the level you are shooting, that will make the shadows of the pillars work for you, rather than serve no purpose.

I don't think this is a mere snapshot as someone upthread commented.

I agree with night86mare, the idea is there, the execution/processing is disappointing.

The lady got lost in your odd processing. Other stuffs became the highlights instead of her.
With the right processing and I truly believe angle/perspective, the message you're trying to convey can be well presented.

"I post processed the picture, trying to make the "loneliness" show. "

Ironically, you post processed until you detach the "loneliness" from the photo.

Hope to see a re-take on this soon :)

I don't think this is a mere snapshot as someone upthread commented.

I agree with night86mare, the idea is there, the execution/processing is disappointing.

The lady got lost in your odd processing. Other stuffs became the highlights instead of her.
With the right processing and I truly believe angle/perspective, the message you're trying to convey can be well presented.

"I post processed the picture, trying to make the "loneliness" show. "

Ironically, you post processed until you detach the "loneliness" from the photo.

Hope to see a re-take on this soon :)

colors are very important when it comes to PP, they must and should work in harmony to ensure that nothing ends up fighting for the WRONG attention.

your subject here, you claim, is the lady. yet as a result of your PP work, you have made the green patch next to her in the distance stand out more than her.

the idea is nice, but the execution is not so good. it can be done, but i think a lower perspective, not at the level you are shooting, that will make the shadows of the pillars work for you, rather than serve no purpose.

feels like a snapshot.

the lady is somewhat and has no feel of loneliness.
the leading lines from the right leads to the gate and not the lady.

Anyone free to show me how to better post process the picture?
I uploaded the original picture.
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7743/img6491.jpg
Really appreciate your help. :D

Hi, I'm a newbie photographer too, tried to follow the others' comments for PP. Also chose to blur the background and trees slightly cos they were very distracting and sharp. Also slightly whitened the dark shadows in the beams and walkway.

what do you think?

p.s. sry small thumb, links to the gallery. how do you post fullsized in posts o.0

also, just noticed that my blur on the big tree was very bad. forgot the roots at the bottom.

Last edited:
other than that, I would say there should be some detail on the short she is wearing. Too black for me

Status
Not open for further replies.