Aging lens...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurboiboi

Jan 8, 2003
Loyang
blurboiboi.instantlogic.com
hi guys... any one knows if there's a life span for lens??...
a number of second hand and even third hand lens on sale... some as old as
2-3 yrs old.. juz wondering is it safe to purchase them??..
what things need to be checked n take note on buying them??

blurboiboi said:
hi guys... any one knows if there's a life span for lens??...
a number of second hand and even third hand lens on sale... some as old as
2-3 yrs old.. juz wondering is it safe to purchase them??..
what things need to be checked n take note on buying them??

buy your 300D liao?

yup yup... :)
but no time to play with it yet...
and only kit lens.. so looking for get new ones with better zoom capabilities
u still using S2 Pro??.. saw your thread regarding u wanting to buy a 300D... jump ship??

blurboiboi said:
yup yup... :)
but no time to play with it yet...
and only kit lens.. so looking for get new ones with better zoom capabilities
u still using S2 Pro??.. saw your thread regarding u wanting to buy a 300D... jump ship??

play with your kit lens first lar

tweakmax said:
play with your kit lens first lar

prefer taking wild life ma.. so a 55mm lens is definitely not enough...
that is one of the reason i upgraded from my 602 too... not enough zoom...
wanted to get 828 one... but James keep saying DSLR is the only thing to go to after 602...

so gotten ur 300D?

blurboiboi said:
wanted to get 828 one... but James keep saying DSLR is the only thing to go to after 602...

so gotten ur 300D?

wanna borrow my 70-200, f/2.8??????

blurboiboi said:

so gotten ur 300D?

where did you buy from? :)

SpitFir3 said:
where did you buy from? :)

I got it from Tan Union... China Town area... dunno whether is it a good place to get cameras... other places all sold out... a little desperate cos sold my cam.... so got it lor... $1750 w/gst for kit set

blurblock said:
wanna borrow my 70-200, f/2.8??????

blurblock... cannot afford to pay you baq if something happens to it man.. heehee... btw.. you use it often??... most prob getting a mid range lens ( 2X - 7X/135) and a low range lens (like urs??) hee

hei guys... maybe we should go out shoot b4 my holis end... need to "xi shou" all ur skills, hee.. :p

blurboiboi said:
blurblock... cannot afford to pay you baq if something happens to it man.. heehee... btw.. you use it often??... most prob getting a mid range lens ( 2X - 7X/135) and a low range lens (like urs??) hee

hei guys... maybe we should go out shoot b4 my holis end... need to "xi shou" all ur skills, hee.. :p

oh no!!!.. i mean LONG RANGE LENS not "low range.." paiseh!!!!

how about something scary?

glass is a supercooled liquid, you're bound to have some movement in it if you dont touch it... in other words, it will "flow" on a pretty much negligible rate and pull the lens out of the original designed shape.

blurboiboi said:

Actually, I only use it once .... I got it secondhanded :) .... LOL ..... Pretty good lens .......

What is a 2X - 7X/135? 24 - 135? or 28-135? That is standard zoom zens

70-200 is just a low range zoom lens.....

There is up to 500mm zoom lens .... Sigma 50-500mm ..... that is long range ....

Then there is up to 1000mm lens to see the sky ..... above that, chances are you will want to use telescope ;P

sehsuan said:
how about something scary?

glass is a supercooled liquid, you're bound to have some movement in it if you dont touch it... in other words, it will "flow" on a pretty much negligible rate and pull the lens out of the original designed shape.

ahhhh!!!! ahhhhh!! ahhhhhh!!!!! Scared Scared ....... Ahhhhh!!!! what will happen to my lens in 20000 years time !!!!! :cry:

ummmm........ oh, I forget, I would live that long ..... :blah:

blurboiboi said:

so gotten ur 300D?

For wild life.... consider these....
Sigma 50-500 f4-f6.3
Sigma 120-300 f2.8
Canon 100-400 f4 L
Canon 70-200 f2.8 L IS or Sigma 70-700 f2.8 <-- although to be honest, a little short for wide life. Use a TC to extend it.

Should work well with your 300D.
;)

blurboiboi said:
I got it from Tan Union... China Town area... dunno whether is it a good place to get cameras... other places all sold out... a little desperate cos sold my cam.... so got it lor... $1750 w/gst for kit set

yoh dude...can i double check its $1750 with GST ? ;)

with gst right?

Zplus said:
For wild life.... consider these....
Sigma 50-500 f4-f6.3
Sigma 120-300 f2.8
Canon 100-400 f4 L
Canon 70-200 f2.8 L IS or Sigma 70-700 f2.8 <-- although to be honest, a little short for wide life. Use a TC to extend it.

Should work well with your 300D.
;)

Damm ..... you are going to break someone's bank ......

BTW, first time I heard of Sigma 70-700 f/2.8 ....... Sigma's techology so good, I think Canon and Nikon got to go jump building already ;P.... LOL

But seriously, Sigma 50-500 is a good buy for wildlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.